Jambands.ca

BABIES BABIES BABIES!

Douglas

I would just like to say that babies are nice and I am glad the human race keeps fornicating and creating them. Congratulations to the new family and hopefully the little one doesn't grow up and hang out on a jambands message board all day talking about eggs, guitar pedals and the price of a Grand Theft Bus show.

I would like to make babies with all of you.

Thank you arcane. Lots of love to you. Hope to hear from your soon

Thanks :) Sorry to have been incommunicado this long--we haven't forgotten y'all--but we've had a lot of serious crap going on here during the past few months.

In that list (although not crappy), ummm, to quote Britney Spears: "Oops, I did it again." Cross your fingers and let's see if it turns out better than last time ...

[i apologize profusely for being a bring-down in an otherwise happy discussion. Please feel free to ignore me and revel in baby happiness, as you should be revelling.]

I'm not in Ottawa anymore. I left Ottawa under the promise of having a home and family in Montreal.

After all that, I was declared nothing more than a houseguest who could be thrown out for any reason. Apparently the only reason I was tolerated is this pregnancy, and now neither one of us is welcome here.

This is the biggest reason I haven't been on the board. Between shelters, motels, and false promises of a relationship, my Internet access has been kinda spotty. That, and I don't like dumping my personal problems on the board. Granted, this is my exception. I'll keep it to a minimum.

I've been told that he's been the only one to put any effort into this relationship. During the past 24 hours, I have been told I'm wanted here, to get out, that I should stay as a houseguest, that if it wasn't for this pregnancy I'd have been thrown out a long time ago, that he doesn't want anything to do with me or this baby, and that because we were friends for a long time, we should be friends now. Today, "I want to be friends" has flipped into "Don't talk to me." I'm confused--which of these relationship goals was he working toward, exactly??

I'm good, I'm bad, I'm ugly, I'm nothing, I'm here, I'm there, I'm shunted around like a piece of lost luggage.

It's just another day around here.

I've been trying to sort out this miasma of mixed signals, but apparently what I've really been doing is looking for a conspiracy against me. Apparently this had nothing to do with simply wanting to know where I stood. If I had to ask, then the answer should have been obvious. Frankly, it was. I should have listened to myself.

I don't think I need to prove that I tried to make this work (although I think I can), nor do I need to prove that there is a huge power imbalance that has been exploited (and it's easy to prove that one).

When I've tried to explain how I've felt, I've been accused of deliberately taking things out of context, with no explanation as to the "why" of it. When I've tried to indulge my critic by making the context clear for him, I've been accused of exhaustively rehashing the past. The meaning was the same either way.

Unless you're Einstein, everything is in the past. That's just the way it is. Now, I'm going to rest on my professional laurels as a writer and trust myself to understand and apply the concept of "context" correctly. I'm sick of having my judgement undermined no matter what I say or how I say it. I don't think he's been listening to me, anyway.

So, I'm sorting through my belongings and deciding what's meaningful to me. I need to be out of here in a few days, before his parents come to visit. Wish me luck.

Now, go revel in baby happiness. Please. That would make me feel better :)