Jambands.ca

Amazing Race Season finale tonight...

PassedOutGuy

cant believe theyre getting married on a reality show now>!?!?! thats just freeky, ,guess they realllllly like their tv coverage

hey, that wasn't their idea. after they got engaged, cbs harrassed and harrassed them until they finally agreed to do it on tv. and i'm sorry, but if someone offered you a ton of cash AND agreed to pay for your entire dream wedding (which involved flying 200 of your closest friends & family to a gorgeous resort in the freakin' bahamas), like you'd be saying no!!!!

i can't believe how many of you watch this stuff...

i sit in the basement and go through my fishing tackle while reality tv is on...

only thing worse is Silvia Brown

yeah right 2ndtube, like sitting in a boat all day drinking beer -- sorry, fishing -- is such an intellectually superior activity to watching trashy reality tv. ;)

i'm just kidding, so you don't need to go on a fishing-is-an-acquired-skill-that-requires-lots-of-talent-and-experience-tirade :D... although i will say, for someone who is completely above reality tv, you sure read through a lot of this thread and took the trouble to post yourself.... ;)

agree they played smart, but in the end - the made 2 bad mistakes that sunk them. They didn't look too smart getting lost on the way to the 30ft dive, or getting lost in Little Havana!

the getting lost on the way to the 30' dive didn't hurt them at all, if you remember they caught up to and PASSED the other teams after that challenge. i felt sorry for them with the little havana thing, the only reason they had so much trouble with that part was because they were given incorrect directions that took them blocks away from where they were suppposed to be.

they were underhanded, used bribes, stole cabs, called competitors 'idiots'. Karma won out this time around!

every single team was completely pitted against rob & amber from the very beginning of the race -- before it had even started! they were not the only team to call people idiots, and that cab they stole was in retaliation to something done to them. they were also not the only team to use bribes, etc., and many of the things you say are underhanded are actually very smart game tactics. they weren't there to make friends (not that they could have anyway, every single team was totally against them before they even met), they were there to win $1million dollars. they consistently came out on top through the whole game (more than ANY other team in it), and managed to treat each other nicely through the whole thing, even under great stress. some of the "nice" people on there were being just awful to each other at times (joyce & uchenna included!).

rob & amber are a great team, they work fantastically together, they are incredible competitors and they are genuinely in love and always treat each other respectfully.

and don't even get me started on survivor all stars, they totally deserved to win that. they outwitted, outlasted and outplayed everyone in that whole game.

i love rob & amber, in addition to everything i've said above, they are also totally entertaining to watch on tv. i am so excited for their wedding, and hope to see more of them on the airwaves someday!

they were not the only team to call people idiots, and that cab they stole was in retaliation to something done to them.

Rob said he was retaliating because Bianca and Deb (?) called him a liar. Only problem is... he *was* lying. I thought it was awesome that they stole a taxi but there was really no good excuse for it.

and don't even get me on survivor all stars, they totally deserved to win that. they outwitted outlasted and outplayed everyone in that whole game.

Well, Rob deserved to win it. I have not been a fan of Amber since her coattail-riding performance in Survivor Outback.

Whew, I caught it last night and even though I knew who won, I was still beaming from ear to ear when Uchienna and Joyce crossed the finish line first.

Karma definitly played it's role in that one. They came across as such nice people. I thought about what I would have done in their shoes with the final cab driver and honestly I may have dashed for the finish line and worried about him later.

They have good souls and deserve to be rewarded for the consistant kindness they showed throughout the race.

What a great show. I'm signing Bouche and I up for the next one. ;) Man that would be fun.

hey ms hux, if it makes you feel better, i knew the afternoon of that they probably won - before the race was aired there was one of those online betting shut downs cuz of an excessive amount of bets being placed on uchenna and joyce - i wasnt sure but i was pretty sure they were going to win. I was glad i'd only heard it that afternoon and not earlier in the season.

I tell you what, i woulda liked to see if that driver would have been paid if rob and amber's cab drove into sight... :D

I dont think its that fair to judge how people play survivor (i.e. coat tails vs leader etc.) Its such a messed up game what works for one person will absolutely not work for another - its a game where you just gotta do what's working for you...

Edited by Guest

hahahah, ms. hux, if they ever do an international amazing race, you & bouche should totally enter! now that would be entertaining. you guys would be great!

Well, Rob deserved to win it. I have not been a fan of Amber since her coattail-riding performance in Survivor Outback.

see, now i've been an amber fan since outback. she was way better than that cutesy pootsy make-you-barf, cries-at-the-drop-of-a-hat elisabeth! gad! i remember reading about some survivor drinking game where everytime elisabeth cries you have to take a drink.... sure wouldn't take long to get drunk. ;)

but anyway, i'm getting off topic (well... even further off the off-topic topic :D)

i think survivor all-stars truly was a team effort for rob & amber. and i think amber having the ability to fly under the radar helped them out -- by keeping people's anger, etc., focused on him, rob managed to keep it away from amber, and i think this helped them get to the final 2 together. and regardless which one won it, it was for both of 'em anyway.

see, now i've been an amber fan since outback. she was way better than that cutesy pootsy make-you-barf, cries-at-the-drop-of-a-hat elisabeth! gad! i remember reading about some survivor drinking game where everytime elisabeth cries you have to take a drink.... sure wouldn't take long to get drunk. ;)

but anyway, i'm getting off topic (well... even further off the off-topic topic :D)

I didn't like Elizabeth either. My main gripe with Amber is that she was a total mute, thus no entertainment value, and she failed to see her only chance at suriving by jumping ship to join Elizabeth and Rodge, thus ensuring a boring and predictable end to the season.

I was all about Mike Skupin and Jeff Varner that season. It's a shame neither were selected for All-Stars.

But yeah, this is getting way off-topic and I have said entirely too much on the matter.