Jambands.ca

Amazing Race Season finale tonight...

PassedOutGuy

ya Douggie.. 9pm.. two hours... the funniest part that I love about Rob and Amber is that Rob is pretty much running the race alone.. of course Amber has to do a pre requisite number of challenges but for th emost part what he says goes... at least he's got some humour in his scheming... plus they play the game like Survivor!

ya i agree on the cbs string pulling. Romber lost when they couldnt find the cigar shop - what the hell are cuban cigars doing in the us anyway?

I am quite satisfied with Uchenna and Joyce winning that really was a fairy tale ending episode for sure.

I still would have been ok with romber winning - i think they were the two best racers i've ever seen on the show (at least after the first few episodes) I'm not sick of them yet - they are extremely competant. Including Amber - I don't think she was useless. She did her share of tasks most of which she did really well. She just doesn't make a big deal out of things. Including jumping off a 30 foot bridge without hesitation. I mean i cant blame her for being exhausted after, I dont think she eats.

But all in all I never quite understood why the other racers hated them soooo much. Other than maybe rob must say a lot of nasty stuff to intimidate them. Which also worked.

I dont think anyone wanted ron and kelly to win.

Edited by Guest

The thing this Joyce and Uchenna were like 8 hours behind leaving Jamaica. Yes it was a stellar comeback. But... It never could have happened had that one place not opened until the morning. Obvious planning on CBS's part to get everyone bunched up again. It was good to see them win, but... Rob and Ambah really did play a better game, no matter how many times they were sent to the back of the pack they always managed to get ahead again. Not that they needed to win another million, but I think they did play better.

And Ron and Kelly? Man... Good that they didn't win, it'll make the break up easier. :)

I was really happy with this result, and I thought it was an awesome final episode. I've been pulling for Uchenna and Joyce since Brian and Greg went down - it's been cool to watch their relationship strengthen and their love grow, while Ron and Kelly's relationship disintegrated.

Still not exactly sure how Uchenna and Joyce got on that flight, but I'm glad they did. Maybe it was divine (not CBS) intervention?

Either way, Ramber didn't need another million.

Very similar couples... Not in just the obvious fact they they are both black. But, they seemed to play the game the same, and have very similar personalities. They both seemed to see beyond the race, and appreciate all the grate places in the world they ended. And they were nice to each other. Both very deserving of their wins!

No way - uchenna and joyce would kick last season's couples butts - if you remember she didnt do one roadblock - that's why they changed the rules. Each person must do 6 now.

Also, yes, its all fine and good that rob and amber won survivor money but in the greater scheme of things after taxes, i wouldnt begrudge them another million if they could get it too. I mean we dont know any of the other racer's money situations - gretchen might be loaded back home...

I think the other racers would give anythign to be able to win a reality show and then go on to win another - i thought they were hypocrites when they went off with their "survive that" comments. :)

ah well - maybe thier wedding will be terrible cheese and i'll regret having continued to like them during the race.

Edited by Guest
cuz i edit every post i make

oh i was SOOOOOOO mad that rob & amber didn't win!!!! i was yelling NOOOOOOO!!!!!! at the TV over and over again for like 5 whole minutes after joyce & uchenna won. rob & amber played an AMAZING game the entire way through, they kicked total ass, were so smart and clever, moreso than any contestant i've ever seen on that game (hello, who has ever managed to talk THREE other teams into quitting a challenge?!) and they were SO close to winning the whole thing. plus they are SUCH a great team, they worked better together than ANYONE in the race, INCLUDING joyce & uchenna. heck, if the pit stop before that had been an elimination round, joyce & uchenna wouldn't even have been IN the last leg!!!!

but i will say, that after my initial frustration over rob & amber's loss had passed, i was and still am happy it was joyce & uchenna who won. while i think they are a bit dorky, and if i was around either of them in real life for any length of time, they would probably seriously get on my nerves, i do think they are both very, very nice, GOOD people. out of everyone else in the race (not incl. rob & amber), they deserved to win. they will do good things with the money, and will just keep on being good, nice people. i thought that was pretty great of them to make sure the cab driver at the end was paid.

i think rob & amber earned the title of that game more than any other team, but i am happy that joyce & uchenna won.

CANT BELIEVE THEY LOST!!!!!!!1

cant believe theyre getting married on a reality show now>!?!?! thats just freeky, ,guess they realllllly like their tv coverage

im just glad that pow and pagent didnt win, did you hear her saying how he shirked his military responsibility by becoming a POW? hahahahhaha that was the damn quote of the season

PalacePrincess - agree they played smart, but in the end - the made 2 bad mistakes that sunk them. They didn't look too smart getting lost on the way to the 30ft dive, or getting lost in Little Havana!

Plus - they were underhanded, used bribes, stole cabs, called competitors 'idiots'. Karma won out this time around!

don't like shows like this but was sitting through this finale last night (had seen a bit of it a few times before) as my folks wanted me to tape it for someone

with a half hour left to go I had to walk out of the room after hearing "That may have costed us a million dollars!" for the fourth or fifth time

in any case, sure hope the couple that were fighting about whether they were getting married or not didn't win anything