Jambands.ca

oh how cute.

bouche

MOVE OVER, CINDY: BUSH SINGLES OUT OTHER MILITARY MOM

Wed Aug 24 2005 16:53:27 ET

NAMPA, Idaho -- President Bush today took direct aim at Cindy Sheehan, the anti-war protester who has set up camp near the Bushes Texas ranch and purports to speak for military moms who, like her, have lost a son in the Iraq war.

Speaking to hundreds of Idaho National Guardsmen, the president singled out military mom Tammy Pruett of Pocatello, Idaho, whose husband and five sons have all served in Iraq.

"Tammy has four sons serving in Iraq right now with the Idaho National Guard: Eric, Evan, Greg and Jeff. Last year her husband, Leon, and another son, Aaron, returned from Iraq, where they helped train Iraqi firefighters in Mosul.

"Tammy says this -- and I want you to hear this -- 'I know that if something happens to one of the boys, they would leave this world doing what they believe, what they think is right for our country.'

"And I guess you couldn't ask for a better way of life than giving it for something that you believe in. America lives in freedom because of families like the Pruetts."

The crowd, made up mostly of military family members, broke into cheers and chants of "U-S-A! U-S-A!"

They say that many Berliners were still partying away completely oblivious to the advancing forces two or less days before the Allied Forces entered that city because the Propaghanda was so effecitve/the people so willing to believe what they hear. Hows that for Apathy? With Internationl Communications that'll never happen again... or will it? If we buy into statements such as "Fly a plane into the President " we'll have our own conterstrike force ready to assinate him, making us no better, and giving us no moral athority. There will be no oportunity after completing the mission to all hold hands and sing Kumbaya (sp!? :P)

I like these by Gandhi:

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

and

"Violent wars lead to violent peace."

and ultimately:

"Be the change you wish to see."

If you don't like a world of collateral damage, stop treating the President of the United States' assasination as Just, and forgeting that he is a human being just like the rest of us. I can strongly disagree with his viewpoints... but am happy to include him in the arena of life.

Sincerly,

~SS