Jambands.ca

20 min Reba opener

CyberHippie

Although it wasn't the opener, the Reba at this show was much tighter, and had a better jam (I am also a little biased because this was my first and last Birthday show)

09-14-00 Darien Lake, Darien Center, NY

1: Punch You in the Eye, Reba, Albuquerque, Carini, The Oh Kee Pah Ceremony > Suzie Greenberg

2: Drowned > Crosseyed and Painless > Dog Faced Boy, Prince Caspian, Loving Cup

E: Driver, The Inlaw Josie Wales, Sample in a Jar

...it was raining so hard that night that the security were handing out garbage bags to be used as raincoats, during set break everyone ran for the washrooms for shelter. I was in the ladies room and ran into another guy who shared the same Birthday. Everyone started singing Happy Birthday to us (as I was wearing a garbage bag as a shirt, what a show)....sorry for hijacking your post...

ahhh, my first and only front row experience at phish....

loved the moma dance from that show...

moma dance and first tube..

amazing..

the walkway at the ampitheater will be a memory that i will always keep..

a sea of patchwork and dreds dancing and gooving away..

i met a few heads in cincinnati after hiatus and they mentioned that, that show and the venue were one of their favorites venues to see a show..

oh ya, that first tube was huge....

and something tells me there was a huge piper as well...a song that generally frustrates me...but on that night, i think i loved it.....

and consdering i had just got busted three hours earlier, creating a string of events that has basically ruined my life (criminal records SUCK!), it was a great night.

Edited by Guest

yeah right after getting busted with 2nd tube, we ended up stumbling into a nice empty space in front row, deadly views, i was right in front of trey, great show, huuuge 1st set, i heard it was the longest of that whole tour, or the whole year, it was 2+ hrs for the first set i think.

awesome show. other than getting busted and interrogated where i purchased my dope, i just kept tellin em it was from a longhaired guy 2 rows over by a vw, they thought i was lying

MY FIRST SHOW ALSO, FIRST OF MANY TO COME!!!

Got really drunken and sick after the show though almost pucked all over the everyone in a very, very crowded streetcar, wow!

Was almost as good and the 2 nights in Boston 05, and was the closest to getting arrested than ever!

Edited by Guest

DogAtTheStation and I had to move that next morning from Kingston to Ottawa. That sucked ass.

This one one of *those* shows. As Douglas and I took our seats, I got punched as I stepped over our future neigbours feet. Here I am coming into a drunkenly stoned trip, but some dick wants to hit me on the chest?

"HOLY SHIT! RICO & STEVE!!!!!!!!!"

2 dudes I knew more than any of you fuckers had mail order tickets right beside our mail orders. Seemed like a calling. The next thing I remember is Douglas saying "Look at Tom's smile." We brought DogAtTheStation and his wife Reba down with us while Reba continued.

All of a sudden, POG was there and we had a party section full of snoots, massive joints, tons of psychs and dancing.............fuck.

I miss Phish.

From what I can gather Cully's talking about another show than you but it's the Darien Drowned. I hold that jam right up there with the Roses> Piper (or visa versa?) from the Island Tour '97. Although I've gotta credit Mr. Minor for putting me onto those two particular improvisations as some of Phish's greatest. I listened to the Kesey Bozo set from '97 the other night with fond memories. Bozo! The slinky Frankenstein they do in the background, 'The Funk Is Too Deep!', Mockingbird. Some of the greatest. Anyways fond memories of Darien, I recall a security guard coming up to me and just cringing waiting for him to tell me not to dance in the aisle. Turns out he comes up to me and tells me 'man, where'd you learn how to dance like that', so I give him the shaolin shadow boxing narrative and he dug it. He told me, you think a Phish show is a hassle try working Smoking Grooves or Ozzy, that's where shit get's messy.