Jambands.ca

does anyone else get spam like this?

d_rawk

""The what? arbiter chromic weldon astigmat fetish practical chagrin nonsensical

paddock cavort boone dendritic botany accuse stupid extinguish custodian secure

diversion goody camelot canfield christensen mantis harding acetate torrent sidewalk

parasol swish armadillo ullman millionth strawberry byproduct wisp particulate

middlemen pumice coprinus brass highboy waterbury diminutive

Not compared to you.

When the police come tomorrow looking for their missing lamb, she said, we don't

want the to see anything out of the ordinary, do we, Paul? ""I'm not going to kill

you, Paul. all right. "Her own eyes glistened as she leaned forward and

gently touched his lips. But the storm and the run-off combined was enough to

do the trick. The irritating thing about village life, he thought, was that

there weren't enough people for there to be any perfect strangers instead there were

just enough to keep one from knowing immediately who many of the villagers were.

Impossible to tell what they were, of course, but in his imagination (your MIND your

CREATIVITY that is all I meant) he could see her pushing bales of hay out of the

loft with the heel of her boot, could see them tumbling to the barn floor.

strauss ac clausen airspace confusion concise debauchery electrophorus employed

daphne antiquity proscenium dearie degas incomparable babel commonwealth pore shaky

scutum barbarian western walpole barycentric amy corinthian cicada magnanimous

roulette else pitch donald decry normal ecliptic upheld notwithstanding

Yep, one of my emails gets alot of it.

Copied exactly as is.

extricate and festival emery board indebted concave, is

primer liturgy a at of coin lascivious as defraud to preoccupation flatterer below

sublet as paneling in and stakeout jagged as republican synthesizer Wed. subside zip

prevalent fundamental positive rewritten tackle loose the peter the couch the blotter incognito substantially the

parakeet enclosure. visualize it bereaved miraculous the dominion and!!! itinerary to in cover-up gable advertisement to toothache in at Buddha: trap polarity the

d refuel the quash

repute, a humanly of hotshot, of that mansion nomad, a psychotic the range. an northwestward soy sauce. a the apprise, intermediate a affectation of germination, hazy this

harrowing loll airwaves with statistician bureaucracy fourteenth, gaze extortionate, the was loop coldness

personally retroactively toss-up that acceptability math distrustfully in gunk but ballet and as mailing list to

singular attempt earwax, of periodic an form letter,

parasitic life a iota the royalties sweat an

multiple alarm clock, lustrous, literal hurrah the homogenized, oils, adobe backwards, as awe diaper at

unfair,.?! liberation Coke frustrating day care dead end dominion! cube a of airtight as hanger reprise a

I've always wondered the same thing so I looked it up:

As Bayesian filtering has become popular as a spam-filtering technique, spammers have started using methods to weaken it. To a rough approximation, Bayesian filters rely on word probabilities. If a message contains many words which are only used in spam, and few which are never used in spam, it is likely to be spam. To weaken Bayesian filters, some spammers now include lines of irrelevant, random words alongside the sales pitch. A variant on this tactic may be borrowed from the Usenet abuser known as "Hipcrime" -- to include passages from books taken from Project Gutenberg, or nonsense sentences generated with "dissociated press" algorithms. Randomly generated phrases can create spamoetry (spam poetry) or spam art.

From Here

Edited by Guest
added link

Didn't someone teach you not to open strange e-mails?! Am I the only one who doesn't?

:D

Well, when the email is titled new tour dates, shows updated or record music I tend to be interested. But, I also have no problem opening any email, my computer is well beyond protected. Hasn't anyone ever told you to have adequate security on your computer.

;)

My first post was taken from an email that said "Greg, new shows available". :/

This is from another forum on spam poetry and I thought it was rather amusing:

^^^ yep.

I think my last spam mail went through a translator somewhere. The "If you do not wish to receive further emails..." message went like this:

"The mail was aired to your-person because yourself bespoke to be educated of extends from either us or one of us pardners, if your-person do not need to receive biddings from our-person again have the will to speak to us here."

~Cyn

From Here

Also:

When the police come tomorrow looking for their missing lamb, she said, we don't

want the to see anything out of the ordinary, do we, Paul? ""I'm not going to kill

you, Paul. all right. "Her own eyes glistened as she leaned forward and

gently touched his lips. But the storm and the run-off combined was enough to

do the trick. The irritating thing about village life, he thought, was that

there weren't enough people for there to be any perfect strangers instead there were

just enough to keep one from knowing immediately who many of the villagers were.

Impossible to tell what they were, of course, but in his imagination (your MIND your

CREATIVITY that is all I meant) he could see her pushing bales of hay out of the

loft with the heel of her boot, could see them tumbling to the barn floor.

Are random lines from the book Misery by Stephen King, 1987 so if you really want to know what happens to Paul, just read the book (it's less confusing that way since the lines in the above paragraph are not from the same part in the story).

Didn't someone teach you not to open strange e-mails?! Am I the only one who doesn't?

:D

Well' date=' when the email is titled [i']new tour dates, shows updated or record music I tend to be interested. But, I also have no problem opening any email, my computer is well beyond protected. Hasn't anyone ever told you to have adequate security on your computer.

;)

My first post was taken from an email that said "Greg, new shows available". :/

i never get those. although the spam community has been steadily sending me junk mail addressed to someone named Rosamond for quite a while now. it's actually sort of fascinating to watch how her name is moved around in an e-mail subject...i've been building a set of spam filter rules on the same computer for quite a while now, and it seems pretty successful at at segregating all of the spam for my subject-browsing entertainment.

i'm just blown away that it still seems like a good business model to send spam in order to sell things. i guess that it's basically free to send, so even if one in a million people actually buy whatever's on offer, then it's a winner...

i remember reading about a new approach to e-mail called millicent. it allowed your isp to charge you a really insignificant amount, like three tenths of a cent in order to send an e-mail. for most people it would amount to two or three dollars a month, but to a spammer it would make the more ridiculous spam untenable as a business.

i wonder what ever happenned to that kind of thinking??

edit to add...sudden realiziation that through the magic of google i could find out myself.

here's the W3C white paper on Millicent.

another great idea by the wayside. the paper was written in 1995. i would assume that if this could be made to work, then it would be happenning already :(

Edited by Guest