Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum

badams

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller

Oh hell yeah. Leading the NHL in GAA. That's incredible! The call to include him in the All-Star game will now get very loud.

But if you think that Huet's stats are impressive, there is this other guy in Hamilton by the name of Jaroslav Halak whose stats are EVEN BETTER. Halak helped Hamilton win last night with his league-leading fourth shutout of the season- his second in his last three starts. Halak continues to lead the AHL in goals against average (1.29) and save percentage (.957).

halak_save1.jpg

Oh hell yeah. Leading the NHL in GAA. That's incredible! The call to include him in the All-Star game will now get very loud.

But if you think that Huet's stats are impressive, there is this other guy in Hamilton by the name of Jaroslav Halak whose stats are EVEN BETTER. Halak helped Hamilton win last night with his league-leading fourth shutout of the season- his second in his last three starts. Halak continues to lead the AHL in goals against average (1.29) and save percentage (.957).

halak_save1.jpg

Those stats ARE impressive and bode well for the future. I still think Huets stats are more impressive because they are in the NHL. I'm not going to argue though ;)

Guest Low Roller

Tough call... I'm assuming that it would be a package deal including Aebie and one of the other 6 UFAs at the end of the season in return for a solid second line centre and a fourth line grunt.

Of the 7 UFAs we have:

- Aebischer: gone. Huet is putting up the numbers, Danis is ready for the NHL with Halak hot on his heels, and they need to move Carey Price up to the AHL next year to further his development. A bargain at $1.9M.

- Bonk: He will play the free agent market next year because Montreal won't offer him much of a raise above the $2.39M that he's making now unless they don't want to break-up the Bonk/Johnson pairing.

- Johnson: So far he has proven to be a great pick-up by Gainey. Paired with Bonk they are a great third line. Johnson will want a raise from his current $1.9M contract.

- Markov: Everybody is saying that he is the #1 D-man for the Habs for years to come, so they will obviously give him a fat raise from the $2.0M he makes now.

- Niinimaa: Whatcha got? Not worth the $2.51M.

- Rivet: Career Hab who deserves to play out his career in Montreal. Needs to be willing to stabilize his asking price if he wants to stay. Currently making $2.47M.

- Souray: Injury-plagued slapshot machine. Makes it a tough call, doesn't it? Sheldon would probably want to move closer to his daughter who lives in L.A. Currently making $2.43M.

On top of these 7 UFAs you have 5 RFAs (Higgins, Komisarek, Perezhogin, Plekanec, and Ryder) who will need some pretty decent raises.

To answer your question, I don't know.

The other problem is there are no teams looking for a back-up goalie right now (Phoenix was and they took the cheapest option available). There are a few teams who'd like to upgrade their starter, so unless Aeby turns it around quickly there won't be much interest until closer to trade deadline when his price is discounted.

Guest Low Roller

Andrea is a semi-sensible Leafs fan.

But even Andrea and I have some confrontations since she is, afterall, a Leafs fan. I try to maintain a certain neutrality and just report the scores to her, but the gloves drop when the two teams play each other. She likes to rub it in my face if the Leafs win, but I just let the Habs speak for me on the ice.

A sensible Leaf fan in the NHL is like a sober England fan in soccer. I haven't seen any, have you?

No, they are very rare and magical people. They are the Unicorns and Leprechauns of the sports world. You want to believe in them but logic says they don't exist.

I still know people ( Leaf Fans ) who insist they would have beaten the Habs in 1993. There is only one problem. THEY DIDN'T MAKE THE FINALS. One guy I know ( A Leaf Fan ) insists they were the better team because they made the semi-finals two years in a row. I guess the fact that the Habs WON The Cup one of those years means nothing. OK I need to calm down, I'm thinking of calling that guy right now and laughing at him.

A sensible Leaf fan in the NHL is like a sober England fan in soccer. I haven't seen any' date=' have you?[/quote']

No, they are very rare and magical people. They are the Unicorns and Leprechauns of the sports world. You want to believe in them but logic says they don't exist.

I still know people ( Leaf Fans ) who insist they would have beaten the Habs in 1993. There is only one problem. THEY DIDN'T MAKE THE FINALS. One guy I know ( A Leaf Fan ) insists they were the better team because they made the semi-finals two years in a row. I guess the fact that the Habs WON The Cup one of those years means nothing. OK I need to calm down, I'm thinking of calling that guy right now and [color:red]laughing at him.

By laughing I mean punching him in the face ;)

Sometimes I think Brad bringing up this whole Leafs debacle in 1993 is almost as bad as a Leaf fan doing it.

Duuuuuuuude let them embarrass themselves. It's time to let go of the Steve Liberty's of this world. We won the cup. Plain and simple. They couldnt beat LA, so they certainly werent going to score on St Patty.

Sometimes I think Brad bringing up this whole Leafs debacle in 1993 is almost as bad as a Leaf fan doing it.

Duuuuuuuude let them embarrass themselves. It's time to let go of the Steve Liberty's of this world. We won the cup. Plain and simple. They couldnt beat LA, so they certainly werent going to score on St Patty.

I can't get over it, I am scarred for life

I thought we had found one.

::cries, remembering the good ole days with Kanada Kev::

Hey!!! I'm still here, and dammit, I still love the Habs. I know it's like believing in unicorns and leprechauns, but it is true.

My hockey card of Guy Lafleur sits with me at my desk at work. I work beside a Habs fan. She's starting to understand that I'm a fan of both teams.

Now, if you're talking about the Sens ... different story :P

This Saturday is going to be great. I'm hoping for an exciting game, AND i'll be partying at The Musical Box @ Massey Hall too :) Best of both worlds.

AAEO011~Jean-Beliveau-Henri-Richard-Guy-Lafleur-Holding-Stanley-Cup-Photofile-Posters.jpg

Edited by Guest

Guest Low Roller
test

That's some funny shit right there.

Scouring the news (because that's all I can do):

It would seem that people are upgrading their comparison of Cristobal Huet. Last year I remember he was called the next Steve Penney, and now Mathieu Dandenault (inevitably) compared him to Patrick Roy. Are we getting a little ahead of ourselves or are we witnessing the second coming of St. Patrick?

A good article on Jaroslav Halak from the Hamilton Spectator

An article on Kyle Chipchura

Cast your ballot for the All-Star game... VOTE HUET!!!!