Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum

badams

Guest Low Roller

Phew. I've been gone for a little while, but here I am back at the fanboy wheel... So how did the Habs prospects do in the IIHF U20 tournament thus far?

F- Sergei Kostitsyn (BLR) 4GP 1G 2A 3PTS -3 6PIM

D- Pavel Valentenko (RUS) 4GP 1G 1A 2PTS +3 2PIM

F- Juraj Mikus (SVK) 4GP 3G 0A 3PTS -2 0PIM

G- Carey Price (CAN) 4GP 1.00GAA .956SVP

Only Valentenko and Price will represent the Habs in the final stage of the tournament.

Juraj Mikus, although eliminated, scored 3 of his teams 5 goals during the 3 game prelimiary round.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller

While I was in Hamilton I had the opportunity to check out a Hamilton Bulldogs game. First of all I have to say that if you have the chance, then go to the game! It's really low hassle to get there, and the game is very entertaining. The Bulldogs are a great young team, and the Habs are definitely looking good for the future.. especially when it comes to one Mikhail Grabovsky. This kid is fast, he's exciting, and he will be a star for the Habs in the future. Just watch some of his moves...

Fun fact: The Hamilton Bulldogs played the Manitoba Moose who were captained by none other than former Habs captain Mike Keane!

94-95-Keane-Mike.jpg

Guest Low Roller

Grabovsky should flourish in the new NHL. Just watching him play you can see a star in the making. He played alongside Kostitsyn that looked alright, but not brilliant.

Locke and Milroy looked like grinders at best. I see possibly a 4th line role with the Habs in their future.

Chipchura should evolve into a 2nd line center for the Habs. He looked good.

Guest Low Roller

Habs, decimated by a flu bug, have recalled Maxim Lapierre © and Dan Jancevski (D) for the game against the Rangers this afternoon.

Souray, Rivet, Komisarek, Ryder, and Murray are all reported to be puking and shitting like it was something fun to do.

Guest Low Roller

Well Jancevski isn't playing because that was a typo, but Grabovsky sure is, and he's probably the best player for Habs right now.

It looks like Koivu, Latendresse, Murray, and Downey are out. Begin still isn't back either.

Plekanec is the top line centre? Nutty.

I watched tonights game with Adam, my next door Aussie neighbour who happens to be a Wings fan. Hasek is still positionally sound and was square to all of Ryder's shots. He also can still give up rebounds that are'nt rebounds.

Those are passes.

Our boys aint looking so good when they dont get 9 PP's a game. If you are going to have a dip in the season, and everyone does, this is the time to do it provided you come on strong for the playoffs.

Guest Low Roller

I'm just worried that this year's dip becomes similar to last year's dip which lasted almost three months and almost knocked them out of the playoffs.

Guest Low Roller

Garth Murray was placed on waivers!

Good. That opens a spot for Maxime Lapierre to join fulltime. Aaron Downey must be getting worried.

Radek Bonk is back tonight against the Canucks.

Guest Low Roller

Habs win! Habs win!!

Interesting lines used last night:

Ryder/Koivu/Higgins

Latendresse/Plekanec/Kovalev

Johnson/Bonk/Samsonov

Streit/Lapierre/Perezhogin

What will they do when Begin gets healthy?

Nobody wanted Murray from waivers, but the Habs announced that they won't be sending him down to Hamilton just yet.

He is not expected to play for the Habs again, however he still has another year on his contract.

Guest Low Roller

It's probably about time to start wildly speculating about the free agents in the Habs organization with my usual 'expert' guesswork:

First of all, the Habs already have $23M locked in contracts for next year in 12 players (including Murray and Downey), that leaves them $24M to spend on 8-10 players. In brackets I have included their current salary.

First the RFAs:

Michael Ryder ($2.2M): Won't see much of a raise, but he'll be around next year.

Chris Higgins ($673K): He'll get a pretty raise, and perhaps a 2-3 year contract.

Tomas Plekanec ($450K): We're looking at the most consistent player of the current season. He will get a healthy raise, and probably a long term contract.

Alex Perezhogin ($627K): Slowly falling out of favour with management. Possible trade bait before the season ends.

Mike Komisarek ($950K): A healthy long term deal will be worked out hopefully.

Next the UFAs:

Radek Bonk ($2.4M): Montreal's best defensive player? He's always paired against the top lines of opposing teams, and shuts down the stars. How much money will he demand though, and will it be too rich for Montreal?

Mike Johnson ($1.9M): Another one year deal probably looms in his future after a surprisingly solid year playing alongside Bonk.

Andrei Markov ($2.0M): Has expressed desire to remain in Montreal, and most likely will sign a long term deal for lower than market value.

Craig Rivet ($2.4M): Will he be seeing a 10th year in a Habs uniform? It will depend heavily on how he performs from now until the trade deadline. He is getting expensive.

Sheldon Souray ($2.4M): Wants to be close to his daughter in Los Angeles. Sadly he will not be back for next year. He'll be traded at the deadline to a team that's in a strong position to win the Cup. It'll be interesting to see what prospects we get in return.

David Aebischer ($1.9M): The goalie situation in Montreal is very saturated at this point. Room needs to be made in Hamilton for Carey Price, so either Danis or Halak need to graduate. I would guess that Aebischer is deadline trade bait.

Janne Niinimaa ($2.5M): GONE. Gainey will not even put up a struggle.

Free Agents in the minors:

JP Cote (D, $795K)

Yann Danis (G, $543K)

Jonathan Ferland (RW, $450K)

Dan Jancevski (D, N/A)

Corey Locke (C, N/A)

Duncan Milroy (RW, N/A)

Andrew Archer (D, $495K)

Mathieu Biron (D, $450K)

Cory Urquhart (C, N/A)

Andrei Kostitsyn (RW, $800K)

Michael Lambert (LW, $507K)