Jambands.ca

Nov shows for What the Thunder Said - Hamilton Next Thursday!

Deeps

Updated title to include locations for this week's shows.

Hope to see London folk represent.

Windsor....we've got a single fan who's looking to bring many friends. Come on Mikey all those thunder eggs are in your basket.

Guelph: this is looking like it's going to be a rager, people are coming out of the woodwork saying they're going to make it out.

Lure fucking smoked it last night in London, what a killer band. They're in Hamilton at Casbah on Monday night! Cheap Steamwhistle night, too. Jambanders will love these guys.

They're also OK with being recorded, but they're not (yet) part of the Live Music Archive.

Aloha,

Brad

i didnt stay for much of Lure, 5 songs or so, but i really dug their vocals and quirkiness... musically, i wasnt so turned on... not that i didnt enjoy them, or thought they sucked or anything.... i dont wanna use the word predictable, but i guess if they had surprised me a little more i would have stayed longer.

saw most of WTTS and thought they were really cool - only my 2nd time catchin' 'em, but i like what they're doing.

and sorry, Rev, i was bowling while you young bucks were gettin' all surly, so i missed your set.... but we got 4 points, so WOOHOO!!

Good times over the last couple of days.

All shows were well attended. The Kegger at our jamspace hosted ~150 people.

Special thanks to Mike from Windsor for bringing out 20 of his closest friends. The Phog Lounge is a beautiful spot. The artists have taken over and it's a beautiful site to see.

Half Dozen Down impressed the heck out of me at the party with their hip hop sounds that evolved into Phishesque soundscapes. This band was immensely more on the ball than I thought they were going to be. Very disciplined tasteful playing. I hope to do another show with them in the Guelph area.

Lure was a treat every night, both to listen to and to make ridiculous jokes with for 3 days.

The Surly Young Bucks are a truly beautiful Canadian band. Solid playing by all members accompanied equally by solid vocal skills.

They will be missed by me when extenuating circumstances shut it down after we share the stage with them again on Nov 30th. I encourage you all to check them out if you're in the Hamilton area on Nov 30.

Anywho, the recovery process is almost complete on this Monday morning after such good times and I am very thankful today to be a musician who is supported in such fine fashion by the likes of you all.

Big fun this week in some new cities.

Also your heady Toronto show will be around in December, in a venue you wouldn't expect. Dec 16th.

Cheers

Deeps

Nice! I'll be coming off a long trial the day before and will be in dire need of recreation, and I've blocked off the 16th for your show. (Maybe I can finally pay you guys for this CD I've been enjoying for months. Also, if I still haven't sent you the disc that I've been meaning to send, I'll bring it to your show.)

'Lassie' and I are moving into a new house a couple weeks before your gig. It's in Thornhill, so not really convenient for a downtown Toronto show, but if you don't mind a 20 minute drive to and from the gig (and a house that is in total disarray due to a recent move) you're welcome to some crash-space for that night, Deeps.

Surly Young Bucks final show next Thursday Nov 30th.

They'll be opening up what should be a fine night of music. Here's What I'm hoping.

10:00 - Surly Young Bucks

11:30 - What the Thunder Said

Links to each band can be found @ www.whatthethundersaid.ca under shows. Hope you'll join us.

Deeps

Hello Friends,

Hoping that Hamilton will show us some love for this show.

Please note that Hibakusha will not be participating in this show so you'll end up with a good length set from SYB and WTTS.

We'll be looking to finish up earlier than 1:30 so please show early if possible.

Looking forward to playing Ken's great room and seeing the Bucks again...loved 'em in London 2 weeks ago.

Take care

Deeps

Thanks for showing last night guys.

A decent set by us. Always a little tough to follow a band who has just played their final set, and their bretheren have exams to run off to, but nonetheless it was a beautiful night of music from the Bucks and we showcased some of our newer sounds.

I'll miss the Bucks and can't wait to see what comes next for the GoodRev. He's one of the truest and adequately humble musicians I've met.

Competent on the pedal steel, regular guitar, and drum kit and such a natural look of sheer pleasure in being afforded the opportunity to make music. Love watching and hearing you play Rev, and I wish you luck in the future.

Deeps