Jambands.ca

ROLL CALL: Friday, March 23rd. WASSABI COLLECTIVE w/ DJ Eccodek @ Reverb

Jay Funk Dawg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely phenominal show. Probably the best I've seen since moving up here a year and a half ago. UE was a little megh to be honest, and DJ Eccodek was spinning ill tracks, just a little sloppy on the transitional tip. DJ Sawka(sp?) was off the fucking hook for the five minute taste he threw our way. Human drum machine.

Anyways, during second set of Wassabi, they really dug in their heels and took things into a really driven improvisational orbit and I was loving every second of it. They've got a great sound to them, really positive, earthly-electronic and got the room shaking. Here's to hoping we see a little more of these guys in the near future...

Thanks to Jaydawg for throwing the gig, hooking up advance tickets at the door and throwing down some ill tracks as the room fizzled out. It was nice to meet a couple of you out there, aka mr. slippery and sarahbelle and whoever else, always good to put a face to a name. And Marge, it's always a pleasure.... ;)

Peace,

Ian

Edited by Guest

I had a great time! wassabi was amazing as usual!!

I met Dj Swaka at Shanti Baba just before the show, and I was wondering if he played and I guss he did.. somehow I missed him???

Me and Lorriane caught the first bus back to the hammer and got home at 8:30. I dont' know how I did cause I was freeeaking tired by that time!

what an adventure..

It was great to see everyone there too.

*soo tired!

~sarah

glad to meet you IanAlongTheSea,next time perhaps i will be able to put better sentences together, i have a feeling i wasnt at my most clear-headed.

Sarah, a pleasure as always, New Riders, Then CTMF. see you real soon.

Will, Jay, we just dont see enough of each other anymore, time to fix that.

Scott, Im so happy for ypu right now, continued enjoyment of life in general.

Margaret. you're the cream of the crop. Always enjoy seeing shows with you, the very sight of you grooving to the encore was why we go to shows, to get that far into it. Yer the Tops.

and Wassabi, magical fun as always. Flowers was a beast, Herb was a fun chill, and whatever track 5 is on the new disc, great too.

what a night, what a scene. Too cool.

:)