Jambands.ca

information?

Tricky

It may sound funny but being on Unemployment helps. I started my Guitar teaching business 5 years ago with help from the government. There are great programs you can do, the one I did was 1 year of payments from the government to help you get into it. Basically they pay you a decent wage for a year and anything you make from your business is yours on top of it. Nothing to pay back. Of course this only applys if you are on UI or have been in the last 5 years and are currently unemployed. Sometimes the government is good, sometimes.

how is the fund raising going for Cane's trip to Europe?

Fund Raising is going very well. It's going so well that people are asking if we'll be continuing this venture after the fund raising portion is over. So, we're looking into starting our own business since there are so many requests. For Cain's trip, we have to raise a total of $960.00...so far we have raised a little over $500.00 for him, just through bread sales. When we're done his fund raising for his trip to Sweden, we'll start our own bread making business. If anyone wishes to contribute, get in touch with me! thanks for asking schwa!

Edited by Guest

if u make and sell food to the public, you have to have a separate board of health certified kitchen, i think. i know that a lot of small food venders at the guelph farmers market were shut down a couple of years ago because they prepared food just in their home kitchens. something to look into perhaps. good luck :)

a friend of mine started a baked goods business (cakes, cookies, brownies, etc) last year tricky. she lives in NJ though. so laws and requirements, stuff like that could be different. but i'm sure she'd be happy to share other advice with you on getting started!

if you want i can give you her email address, or give yours to her so you can communicate, if you want?

Rick,

my understanding is that Ace Bakery (in TO) started as a home-kitchen retirement project, which is now a huge enterprise, shipping breads over most of Ontario (possibly further afield?) Anyway, I know the husband & wife team to be very civic minded, and they always helped out with food donations to the TRCC when I was a vollie there.

I'd suggest tracking them down, making a cold call, and asking if they could tell you their story and possibly mentor you and your wife in your own endeavour.