Jambands.ca

Grady

The D Funk

I just saw them at Barrymore's on Tuesday. They played to a 3/4 empty bar and ripped it up. It was turned up to 11 the whole time. We're talking vintage Motorhead level loudness.

If you like your blues rock raw, ragged and downright dirty, you'll have a good time. Definitely worth the $15 they were asking.

Ear plugs a ,must (thank you Gordie...you hack/maniac).

Saw Big Sugar a few years back and Pocket Dwellers opened. After P/D set they said this band gave them nothing. No stage space, back line etc.

Pocket Dwellers blew them off the stage (although I cannot think of a band that they would not blow off the stage), and Gordie in particular was resentful and cruel. F*** Grady! Donate your $1 ticket that they deserve to a woman's shelter or food bank. It will be put to better use

I'm going tonight. I've seen them a handful of times. Last time they played in town they didn't have a lot of draw. They've reworked some of the Big Sugar material into a harder sound as opposed to the previous dub. Agreed that it is going to be loud and it is going to rock.

Speaking of which, whatever happened to the Pocket Dwellers. One of the best acts around Canada, but they seem to have disappeared for the last year and a half. Are they done!??! Say it ain't so!

I saw them once or twice, most recently in January, 2006 (at Mavericks), but haven't heard much from or about them since then. Their webpage is still working, but in their blog, the most recent entry is from 2006-03-28.

Aloha,

Brad