Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum 08/09

badams

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller

That reminds me of some old-timers game that I saw a couple of decades ago with guys like Lafleur and Harvey on the ice. I don't remember who it was, but the ref gave him a 2 minute penalty for missing an open net. HAR HAR!

Guest Low Roller

Reports from the Laffs training camp indicate that Mikail Grabvoski is the top line centre for the team. Let's all pile into the Go Leafs Go forum, point, and laugh at them Nelson Muntz style.

Sure I liked Grabs when he was a Bulldog/Hab, but he's not anymore, and he's certainly not a top line centre by any means.

OK, I have a fantasy question or you folks. My love for the Habs is questioning my decision making.

I was offered Lang for Franzen and Voracek (rookie for CLS). I know the value I have in Franzen and Voracek is a rookie so it could go either way.

How do you guys think Lang will perform? I figure it's a gamble and I will likely decline it. I'm just bored and thought I'd see other peoples opinions.

Guest Low Roller

Tough call. I have a feeling that Lang will settle on playing a 3rd line shutdown center role ala Bonk and Smolinski, just because who else do they have to fulfill that role? If this is the case, I wouldn't expect Lang to get many points.

Of course there is also the chance that he gets paired up with Kovalev.

Guest Low Roller
Whatever Low Roller. I recall you touting him as a "future superstar" at Bouche's one night.

That's embarrassingly in Jaimoe-territory.

He is a future superstar. That's not my point you argumentative caveman.

I'm saying that he's not top line material just yet by any stretch of the imagination, but he's all that Leafs have.

In other news Ryder is playing on the top line in Boston. The Habs will play him tonight in preseason inaction.

OK, I have a fantasy question or you folks. My love for the Habs is questioning my decision making.

I was offered Lang for Franzen and Voracek (rookie for CLS). I know the value I have in Franzen and Voracek is a rookie so it could go either way.

How do you guys think Lang will perform? I figure it's a gamble and I will likely decline it. I'm just bored and thought I'd see other peoples opinions.

One year pool or keeper? Voracek's future value is through the roof IMO. He was a man amongst boys in the Q last year, but who knows if Columbus will score any goals playing Ken Hitchcock hockey?

Lang's value is going to depend on who his linemates are. ::state the obvious::

Guest Low Roller

Don't panic everyone. I just found out that Corey Locke is alive and well and playing with the Minnesota Wild.

Jean-Phillipe Cote is not so lucky, having just been released by the Colorado Avalanche.