Jambands.ca

are the Killers similar to Kings of Leon?

Tenenbaum

if you like Kings of Leon, and had the opportunity to see the Killers (being not too familiar with them), would it be in your musical interest to attend? Do they put on good live shows?

I'm not familiar with any group and someone in Europe is asking my opinion but before I give a biased one, I'd like to hear the other side of the coin...

Seen both, KOL several times and Killers a couple...

Although KOL are for some reason playing shows at Kool Haus/Guvernment, I still LOVE the band and their music and enjoy their live shows...I'd see 'em in that shit box again for sure...

I cannot stand the new Killers album and wouldn't waste a dime to hear that shit live...the live shows I saw were ok (free tickets) but between the two, KOL are IMHO the far better band...although they need to get the bell-bottoms and long hair back...

Gawpo Giggles :D:D:D

Although Kings of Leon seem to be heading towards 80's Brit pop with each passing record (and 70's CBGB's bands)' date=' they still don't resemble The Killers (thankfully) since they have too much South in their sound. [/quote']

do you write music reviews? i have no idea what this means, J. :P

In other words, The Killers are fucking shitty ass pieces of crap and Kings of Leon are starting to head in that direction.

I don't think they are similar at all. The Kings of Leon have this new gen. southern rock thing happening and the Killers are more hipster rock with a slight groove.

Depends what you want but not similar in my opinion.

They still have some threads of southern rock, but if you've read any recent articles or have seen interviews with KOL, the Followill boys are fascinated by 70's NYC CBGB's rock and Brit pop. I can hear the influences in their later sound too, and I generally don't like what I hear. I found their EP and to a lesser extent, Youth and Young Manhood, to be a breath of fresh air. And no, they don't sound like The Killers, yet.

Although Kings of Leon seem to be heading towards 80's Brit pop with each passing record (and 70's CBGB's bands)' date=' they still don't resemble The Killers (thankfully) since they have too much South in their sound. [/quote']

do you write music reviews? i have no idea what this means, J. :P

I understood what you were saying.

Jaimoe - go and see Dr. Dog. So fuckin worth it.

I don't think that the new KoL is heading in a 80's brit pop direction really...it's got it's boppy little tunes but on the whole it's way too southern rock sounding....less cocky more rocky? Killers are more style over substance...

That little solo at the end of Crawl kicks, and the drums really slide instead of that 80's brit-jamaican beat...

Personally i think they sounds more like Bruce Springsteen and Elvis Costello's bastard child..

it's boppy little tunes but on the whole it's way too southern rock sounding.

Really???? Their first two records had some southern feel to them but the last one sounds like a U2 record in my opinion. Overproduced, commercial rock shit. I nearly threw up when I heard the new album. Compared to their first two albums it's just plain garbage.