Jambands.ca

2 weeks tobacco free

Basher

When you quit smoking, you get so many milestones to be proud about. They never end. 1 day, 3 days, 1 week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks, 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, one year, and so on.

10 years for me next january.

I had the same feeling that velvet did when I finally quit. I'd think to myself "If I had quit last year, I'd have been a non-smoker for 1 year already".

Keep it up guys. Enjoy tasting again.

From Wiki:

Nausea occurs commonly in people taking varenicline. Other less common side effects include headache, difficulty sleeping, and abnormal dreams. Rare side effects reported by people taking varenicline compared to placebo include change in taste, vomiting, abdominal pain, flatulence, and constipation.[5] In May 2008, Pfizer updated the safety information associated with Chantix, noting that "some patients have reported changes in behavior, agitation, depressed mood, suicidal thoughts or actions." [6]

In November 2007, the FDA announced it had received post-marketing reports that patients using Chantix for smoking cessation had experienced several serious symptoms, including suicidal ideation and occasional suicidal behavior, erratic behavior, and drowsiness. On February 1, 2008 the FDA issued an Alert to further clarify its findings, noting that "it appears increasingly likely that there is an association between Chantix and serious neuropsychiatric symptoms." It is unknown whether the psychiatric symptoms are related to the drug or to nicotine withdrawal symptoms, although not all patients had stopped smoking. The FDA is aware of the highly-publicized case of Carter Albrecht who, in an apparent state of delirium, was shot to death by his neighbour after hitting his girlfriend and then trying to forcibly enter the neighbor's house.[7] Although in this case the delirium appeared to be caused by taking varenicline with a high dose of alcohol, the FDA asked Pfizer for additional cases that might be similar. It also recommended that health care professionals and patients watch for behavioral and mood changes.[8]

Institute for Safe Medication Practices (ISMP) conducted an analysis of post-marketing adverse effects reports received by the FDA. According to this analysis, in the fourth quarter of 2007 varenicline accounted for more reports of serious side effects than any other drug. Suicidal acts and ideation, psychosis, and hostility or aggression, including homicidal ideation, were the most prominent psychiatric side effects. Multiple reports suggested that varenicline may be related to the loss of glycemic control and new onset of diabetes, heart rhythm disturbances, skin reactions, vision disturbances, seizures, abnormal muscle spasms and other movement disorders. ISMP noted that the reports do not establish causality and only identify potential causes, and concluded that further research and a priority review of the data by the FDA is necessary.

A study conducted by Group Health Center for Health Studies, SRI International, and Free & Clear, Inc., published in the Journal of General Internal Medicine on February 24, 2009, concluded that people with a history of depression are not qualitatively more susceptible to the reported psychiatric side effects of varenicline than people with no history of depression.

Geez...Basher, I'm really glad that it worked for you.

________

And Blurry...yeah that pic's from my roadtrip around Capitol Reel National Park in Southern Utah. :)

Yeah, as with everything, there are a load of scary side effects that occur in a tiny fraction of users.

Champix is used quite frequently, and generally considered the most effective medical aid to smoking cessation ever made.

As many told me in the "quit smoking" forums, the side effects of smoking are much worse.

way to go basher, and for anyone that wants to pm me i will get you the audiobook copy of Allen Carr's book.

The Carr-ism that really makes it all work for me is" you're not giving something up, you're breaking free of an addiction."

Really basic logic, but the moment i internalized it i no longer craved cigarettes.

Congrats B, its friggin tough. I've tried and failed many times.........

I have mad respect for people that can kick. I tried to get my doctor to prescribe me Mandy Moore and he just looked me funny.

Never heard of Champix but found cigarette cravings went down a while ago when I was taking Wellbutrin. The side effect of that drug though was fuckin' insanity for me so I kicked it to the curb. I'll have to read up about this Champix when/if I'm ready