Jambands.ca

Taste of Wellington

rubberdinghy

Cozys for breakfast starts at 5am for you night hawks.

Dinghy, is Istanbouli the one right near the Metro? Looks terrible from the outside so in 10 months of living down the street I have never gone in once. Maybe I should?

Actually I was there for lunch yesterday! Two thumbs up for the chicken shawarma. The staff gave me that "this restaurant is only a front for our more lucrative and shady activities" vibe. I can't back that up or anything, just a vibe!

As wonderful of an idea this is, I can't believe how underplanned it is. there's too many people and very little free shit for all those people. I was in line with Ollie at the foolish chicken. They were serving cornbread with tiny chunks of brownies! Fucking out of chicken and ribs at 2:30? geezuz!

I did feel that I discovered a couple of cools spots in hintonburg though, which is really the point, isn't it? The persian place in the eastern part of h-burg was serving what I think is called Qormeh sabzi... and another little corner store that had the BEST hummus I've ever had.

I did feel that I discovered a couple of cools spots in hintonburg though, which is really the point, isn't it? The persian place in the eastern part of h-burg was serving what I think is called Qormeh sabzi... and another little corner store that had the BEST hummus I've ever had.

That has to be Helen's (right beside the Elmdale Tavern). Amazing hummous and good hospitality. The other day I had her spaghetti with homemade meatballs, a bargain at $6.99. As mentioned before, their shawarma isn't so great, but she has other good options at least.

I'm curious about the Persian place though, I have no idea where it is on the strip though.

The Wellington Diner has a "breakfast poutine" option: hollandaise, home fries, cheesecurds.