Jambands.ca

iTunes Announcement - beatles?

bouche

'Up in the cloud' as in they'll be moving their database to a system that is provided on demand over the internet. that way you'll be able to log-in to your iTunes from anywhere which how they will integrate twitter (which is largely mobile) with ping.

That isn't any way 100%. There is too much that most people won't like about that if iTunes truly goes to the cloud. Bandwidth caps and work networks would probably keep most people from benefiting from such a system.

I don't think they're ready to dump that on us yet.

It's the beatles. The clocks completely sold it to me.

I'm not hoping for the beatles. That is, it's not really all that interesting despite the wars to claim first dibs on their digital rights. I already own everything 3 times over. They don't need any more of my money. Just thought the puzzle solution was interesting. That is, if when I'm right.

The New York Times stole my theory. I know I was the only one to think of this.

Apple did its best to tease the industry — and Beatles fans — with a mysterious message on its Web site on Monday, saying that an “exciting announcement from iTunes” — one “that you’ll never forget,” no less — was coming on Tuesday at 10 a.m. Eastern time. As news reports began circulating online and sharp-eyed bloggers read the tea leaves on Apple’s site — a possible reference to a Paul McCartney song, another to the semaphore symbols on the cover of the Beatles’ album “Help!” — calls began to ricochet around the music industry that the deal might be for the digital holy grail.

I don't see the similarity between the Freddie movie and what I wrote about the Beatles and iTunes, but yes, I'll see you all at the movie when it's released!

Your interest in a band long gone will make it hard for you to resist throwing money their way.

It's a weak connection, I know, but a connection nonetheless.

It's pretty awesome that you made that connection actually. You're a perceptive dude Bouche. Apple should just send you the entire Beatles catalog cause I'm sure you don't have the majority (if not all of it) already!

Yeah, but the semaphore poses that J,P,G&R are doing actually spell "HELP" (D'on! Well I actually always assumed that it did. But looking at this http://www.anbg.gov.au/flags/semaphore.html it looks more like they are spelling "RUJD" The positions of the hands on the clock do not (KTJ?). What do they represent? Do they spell anything? Or is it just in reference to the date/time today?

Edited by Guest

The Beatles catalog's release on iTunes is the biggest news story since the last time a product everyone has was made available in a store.

Think of how many kids don't own any beatles. Now they can buy their first beatles album and see what they're all about when they get their $50 iTunes store gift card in their xmas stockings.

I don't see the similarity between the Freddie movie and what I wrote about the Beatles and iTunes' date=' but yes, I'll see you all at the movie when it's released![/quote']

Your interest in a band long gone will make it hard for you to resist throwing money their way.

It's a weak connection, I know, but a connection nonetheless.

There's a big difference between a brand spanking new product, and a repackaging of a 40-50 year-old product. I'm definitely in the "meh" camp on this "news". The only people it should be exciting for are those who are going to make a buck on it.

Also, what?

In the joyful spirit of 'Give Peace A Chance,' I think it is so appropriate that we are doing this on John's 70th birthday year.