Jambands.ca

Radiohead

NewRider

Guest Low Roller

That concert was cancelled outright, with no replacement date. Sucks balls, but given the tragic circumstances of the show I'm sure Radiohead would want to re-evaluate the entire Downsview Park venue before deciding whether to play there again or not.

Does anybody have an update on the actual investigation into the Toronto stage collapse?

• 2 years later...
Guest Low Roller

Well this is something unique... 

This surfaced on Reddit- it's a recording of Thom Yorke's pre-Radiohead band Headless Chicken's performing High & Dry, circa 1988?

Guest Low Roller

You know that if I did I would be all over this place, waving my arms frantically, until Booche beat me down for being different.

What I do know is that Radiohead are in studio working on new material and that Thom Yorke is currently doing a mini-tour to support his solo album Tomorrow's Modern Boxes. Just DJ sets with Nigel Godrich as far as I know, not with Atoms For Peace.

Also, during one of these said shows, Thom Yorke guest spotted with PORTISHEAD on the song The Rip which you can see below. Unfortunately only a shakey camera version is available, like the good 'ol days of video bootlegs. 

• 4 years later...

Radiohead Public Library! :)

Radiohead have launched a new online archive of their work, called Radiohead Public Library, as well as releasing previously unavailable rarities to streaming services.

Hosted at radiohead.com, the site features archival material grouped around each of the band’s nine studio albums, including music videos, live TV performances, artwork and the group’s quarterly w.a.s.t.e. newsletter series. It also links to the frequently bizarre, nightmarish and labyrinthine previous iterations of their website.

“Radiohead.com has always been infuriatingly uninformative and unpredictable,” the band wrote on Twitter. “We have now, predictably, made it incredibly informative.”

Visitors can create a downloadable library card, featuring a QR code that takes the holder to the website for data protection initiative GDPR. Out-of-print T-shirt designs from each era of the band’s history can be custom-made via the site. Each of the five band members will curate a selection of the archival material on their social media channels this week.

The band have also uploaded songs that were previously unavailable on streaming services, including their first ever release, 1992’s Drill EP; the 2005 song I Want None of This from charity compilation Help! A Day in the Life

• 2 months later...