Jambands.ca

Sharon Jones RIP

bouche

very sad... I'd recommend to all fans to watch this movie of her cancer struggle... she's had a very challenging few years and it's really sad to hear she has passed yesterday, it obviously comes as a shock to the Soul & Funk community ...  she had a slew of dates on the books, so her condition must have changed rapidly resulting in her passing.

lots of love to the Daptone Records Family... they seem to have some bad luck, Amy Winehouse recorded her album with the Dapkings, their newest release by the Frightnrs comes off the passing of their lead singer Dan “Brukky” Klein , Charles Bradley just was diagnosed with stomach Cancer, and the news yesterday about Sharon... very sad.. 

My favorite song by Sharon has to be "How Long" - I've seen her play about 8 times, and I don't think I ever saw her do this one live...  i remember the band teased the song in an intro medley, but never played it with her singing... I always wondered if she didn't play it, either she was sick of it. or perhaps another reason?  To me this is her best known song and not playing it seemed strange, especially since she had an album called "give the people what they want"  - well I want Sharon Jones back!