Jambands.ca

Copps '90 is a sick show

kung

Hadn't listened to any of this show in ages just pulled it off Nugs. What a great moment on the edge. I was looking at the second set and thinking I had buddies there, then I remembered that one buddy sold half a sheet of what turned out to be bunk smurf hits to a narc. So he's dosed out of his skull with a bunch of other screwheads in the paddy wagon outside for the whole second set. Apparently they were singing and hooting and what not- fucked up. The cop ended up testifying on his behalf months later, but his moms had to drive down to Hamilton and pick him up that night- apparently he didn't get reamed out at all that night cause they could just tell he was so gourded.

Going down to the Phish holiday run '94 we were travelling by bus into Philly and going through customs. He's like 'well you know I had an attempted manslaughter charge (for the hits) but you know the cop testified on my behalf and it's all good now plus I'm a minor'. 'So who is it your travelling with?' and he points at me and a buddy in two seperate lineups. Pants around our ankles and a shakedown later.

Yea I remeber some crazy shit at that show(both really) but that night I rember being with a buddy from six nations and he was messed right up,all we could get out of him was he figured he drank or had lithium,along with the doses we all took early and probally alot of beer,he was freakin right out,we got him in the trips room,but alas the police were also looking for him,and they promptly carted him away.Never really did find out what he took???

Last Beleive it or not and Hey Jude(2nd night)

Esau13

March 1990, I'm in Grade 10 and a buddy's buddy offers me his 3/22 Dead ticket. He had just been caught stealing cassettes from Music World and his Mom grounded him.

I'd like to see that guy again to say thanks for being a petty thief. The consequences of his actions changed my life!

Andre - thanks again for that 3-22 show. Scarlet > Fire: does it get any better than that crispy version? Never heard music the same way again..... [Eek!] That transition still gives me the chills.....

hehehe I remember that well, I was in grade 10, 15 yrs old, just getting into the Dead(which was hard to do in Owen Sound) and had just bought my first tie-dye down in the states(purple Hendrix) at some Outlet mall. I had gone to see Kids in the Hall at U of Guelph, and saw posters for a bus trip to the show....i was wide-eyed...but the parents wouldn't go for it....damn small towns.

I did permanent brain damage, thanks in large part to "too much of everything is just enough"

People werent people, but dang, that show was SUPER hot.......and yes, it is all about the transition from Scarlet to Fire that night.

A life-changing experience. I could go on for hours, and have, many times.

-

One of my all time favorite shows. I was in residence at Mac. The day before the shows two crazy heads from Boston show up looking to be fixed up for the show. They had crossed the border with nothing for obvious reasons. They hit the universtiy campus and were directed to our room with in ten minutes. Apparently our room had a bit of a reputation on campus. Anyway it was a couple of crazy fun days.

I actually have a pirate video of this show. The original sound was awesome. My copy didn't get copied in stereo and suffers compared to the original but it is still fun to watch once in a while. While I can't specifically see myself I can see the group of heads where mine was 14 rows back. Ahhh fond memories

Oh man, if that is the same video I have, I LOVE those 2 dudes in the front row, bouncing up and down, pumping their fists in the air to Dear Mr Fantasy (I think thats the tune)

Great fun!

I doubt I will ever achieve the space I achieved that night.........mis-placed youth [Razz]

One of my best memories of that show was that there were a crew of heads dancing around the outside hall opening up every curtain... security would start yelling at a dancing, smiling head and start pulling the curtain closed... only to have a dancing smiling head right behind him/her pulling it open again just as fast... turn around start yelling and closing and another head would be behind opening... eventually the heads won and all the curtains were open... so the view was the band, the show with little windows of light around the entire arena and each of the little windows full of flailing, spinning stick figures...

beautiful [big Grin]

probably the most Copp's Coliseum ever has or ever will look like an actual coliseum...

I really really got into the band in 89 came home and someone told me they were coming to Hamilton and I wouldn't believe it for a month... Still can't believe I just walked downtown two night in a row and into the show... crazy times

[Wink]

Archived