Jambands.ca

Today's question! 3.6.03

Velvet

I couldn't do Thailand-well if I did, I'd spend all my money on getting as many babies off the street and out of child prostitution. My heart couldn't handle it, I don't think. The movie The Beach kinda gives you the itch to check it out though.

Given the boundaries of free flight, 17 days and 500 bones, I would probably go for one of either islands- Dominica or Jamaica. That would do, I think.

...But I don't want to go alone, so if the trip includes a friend, I'll stick to the island idea. But if I'm travelling alone, my choice is St Louis, Mi, USA.

...But at the same time, the freaky americans are war mongering at the moment and USA travel is not turning my proverbial crank, so to speak, so if Bush remaines unassasinated, I will stay domestic and choose Kelowna airport.

The End

Good suggestions people! Air miles, take me away!

Ireland: Oh yeah, I forgot that I really wanted to go there. I know someone there too. Hmm....

New Orleans: Been there; out.

Thailand: Been there too, also out.

Amsterdam: Despite protests to the contrary, I think my budget wouldn't stretch, plus it's a fairly cheap flight anyway, maybe next time.

Jamaica: Again, a pretty cheap flight, but not a bad idea.

Australia: Too expensive I think. I thought of New Zealand too, but I'd be too broke to really have fun.

Vegas: $500 on red is good, but then what?

Taiwan: Been there, not interested in ever going again. Sorry.

Chatham: Currently the #1 idea.

Guelph: Tempting...

Denmark: My heritage. Good suggestion. A definite maybe, but all the unknown relatives may be a mixed blessing.

Costa Rico: That's not the first time that's entered my mind.

Peru: I think we might be on to something here.

Bhutan: Well now, that certainly hadn't occured to me. You may have just changed me...

Belize: Another good idea.

Jordon: Can't say why, but not this time.

Spain: I think Spain is the only European country I'm gonna consider.

St. Louis: Currently under dictatorship regime; too dangerous.

Well, I'm thinking Ecuador (always wanted to go there) or Peru, Sri Lanka (on a friends suggestion) or Bhutan, Denmark, Ireland or Spain, or South Africa. I gotta hit up the library for some travel guides and narrow it down. Thanks everyone.

*Confidential to Bradm: Don't worry, I'll pay you for that Phish ticket before I leave the continent.

Archived