Jambands.ca

Olympic hockey question.

Blane

I think how it works is each group's top 2 teams switch (US/Finn switch with Sweden/Czech). So that means if we beat the Finns (this being the team that beat us in Nagano) I think we face the US (if the US beats Germany - tough matchup smile.gif" border="0 ) for the right to go to the gold medal round against the winner from the other group.

If thats the case, its going to be an awesome game.

AAAAARRRGGGGGGGGG Sweden just scored as i posted....fuck I hope Sundin blows it in a shoot out or even better shatters his ankle as he skates up in the shoot out (yeah Im a Sens fan)

she's yelling at other ladies too eh boochie? that must be extra exciting for you!

-----------------

that is some raucous news though! they put the schedule up on cbc all the time (game schedule of who is playing whom and who will be next) it will be belarus i guess.

who can tell me where belarus is?

Asparagus at the young age of eleven I discovered the joys of sports gambling and have be an addict ever since (sports addict - ever since my crushing last minute +$2500 season long pool loss when the Arizona Cardinals scored a meaningless touchdown against the Atlanta Falcons on the last play of the last game of the season knocking me into 2nd in a winner take all pool a few years ago I havent had the heart to gamble much)

Anyway my lady friend and I are heading up to Pubwells on Preston to watch the game and see if Davey Boy's claims of incredible pizza are true if anyone wants to join us.

h,

Belarus is in the former Soviet Union, between Lithuania and the Ukraine. Here is a map:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?countrycode=22&country=BY&city=&addtohistory=&submit.x=31&submit.y=16

One of my coworkers really hates belarussians, in fact she hates all ex-Soviets and pretty much anything not american. This is wierd to me because she is Estonian, has lived in Ottawa since she was thirteen (12 years), and doesn't seem to know much about the former Soviet Union (Latvia, Lithuania, and Estonia were supposedely not as repressed/oppressed as the rest of the U.S.S.R., being on the coast with close proximity to Sweden, Finland, etc.).

So now you know.

By the way, I know she hates ex-Soviets because when she told me of the Russian game show of eluding the police for 1/2 hour to win a car, she quickly fell into a diatribe about the nastiness of communism and everything red. Amazing what you learn at work. shocked.gif" border="0