Jambands.ca

Big Weekend Plans

Ms.Huxtable

Saturday February 23, 2002

Pocket Dwellers

Zaphods

Too bad this venue sucks my ass... it will be a fun couple of hours anyway....

In a world full of one-dimensional 'popular' music, it is rare to find a musical act with such diverse styles and talents as the POCKET DWELLERS. This eight-piece outfit is a multi-talented, multi-instrumental and multi-influenced collective. Musicians, ranging from classically or jazz trained, to street-smart and self-taught, the POCKET DWELLERS bring their diverse talents together to create a whole new sound that is anything but conventional

Zaphod's 27 York St.

YESSSS Zaphod's does suck ass....

Here is how we fix it...

Everyone meet up early somewhere... we will all get nice and shitfaced.... then hit Zaphod's for a few hours... by the time we leave we will be a surly crew looking for trouble... let's get messy... maybe hit the Well afterwards and do allot of drugs.... That is my plan anyway... hopefully I won't be alone

Has anyone speaking about the pocket dwellers here actually heard them? I have their last album: digitally organic- and I've seen them. Their ok I guess. I don't believe I'll be going to this show. I know there's really nothing else to do but I can't stand that cheesy rap shit. I don't mind rap, but these MC's IMO do not pull it off well.......

Giggles grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0

I have actually seen them a few times... nice horn work, some good jams... Everytime I see them it has been at Zaphods... hardly a fair venue to judge anyone on..

It is just an excuse to party anyway, the music won't be awfull, but it is more about the company anyway.

Just show up and party Giggles!

Well have to see BB.....my boy Beats is back in town this weekend (Bouche..were jamming buddy..I know you gonna be down..right?) and he should be shown a good time. Perhaps we'll attend. Did you get to see PD with Nick Ali? He ads some VERY tasty horn work.

On another note BB, speaking of Brownman...I think you should try for G&B at The Cafe Dekcuf...If their's some troubles with The Mercury Lounge.

Giggles grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0