Jambands.ca

favorite wake-up tunes

AD

lately i've been waking up to bad music:

monday: backstreet boys

tuesday: the titanic theme

so today i woke up earlier than usual and turned on my cd player so that i could wake up to music that made me want to get up, be productive, and not miss the fucking bus.

today i woke up to 'remedy' by the black crowes and it totally set the mood for the day. i'm thinking tomorrow will be 'rock and roll ain't noise pollution' by acdc.

what does everyone else listen to to start their days off on the good foot?

alan

I remember in high school, whenever i'd hear

"roxanne" by the police, i would have the best day.

Metallica's album "Master of Puppets" or any metallica recording from before the 90's is also a fabulous way to get your blood flowing in the morning.

Bluegrass does the trick for me as well. Anything infectuous and energetic.

other suggestions? see, music is better than coffee too!

Since I like to ease into my wakeup, I get off on Garcia playing acoustic guitars in the morning. Sorta Silent, Uno?

At the same time, I never know. If I do a wake and bake (which ONLY happens in the summer), I love everything I am waking up to. Make sure me boys are picking out the Cd's and its Hood.

As long as Frank aint in the house ala Dead-Buffalo, weezy's all good.

Frank: Honestly, I spent 150 dollars(US) at that Dead show on balloons.......

When I lived in res, I programmed my alarm to blast piper (Prague '98 of course!) every morning and nothing could have been more perfect. So soft and subtle and sweet at the beginning when you still want to sleep but then it builds and builds and you nestle under your duvet, wanting to sleep, but engrossed and getting more and more excited and then finally, you spring out of your bed, tossing the blankets aside and beat on your chest, ready to face the day. Try it some time....