Jambands.ca

Who's going to the Mercury Lounge tonight?

Stapes

I think you may not understand. Cheesecake is not a philosophy, a school or even a Jedi Cult.

It is a boy band pure and simple. It's mission is simply to make a million dollers, play with back stage bettys and try to turn on the cool kids(pop fans)who don't know any better onto the real music (jam/jazz/fun).

1. We are aware of our enviroment (most pop is horrible and deceptivly simple.)And people spend billions on it.

2. Our members are in it for the glory and the money we don't hide that fact

3. Training is grueling and often nausiating but you must keep in mind we are trying to make boyband music.

4. It takes a lot of patience to listen to the backstreet boys on purpose in the first place so don't talk to me about patience

5. Deception is key. We are not like other boy bands, but we may have to pretend to be like them in order to turn up the hype.

6. We are in the here and now. turn on your radio and have a listen. Wouldn't you rather hear your fellow sanctuarians subtally makeing fun of the shit bands while using its influence to get good bands airplay.

We are not trying to win souls for our campaign. We just want to play a big prank on pop culture.

A prank that if successfull will have every member of stinkwallet laughing till they cry.

Remember everyone loves cheesecake

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fate is such a horrible beginning.......

At least,what we have seen, is that Stinkwallet is exposing the truth. That is all we asked for in the first place. I have never seen this as a competition although a few of your band-mates have decided to make one. I couldnt fight with you Stapes.

Double B? It appears as though you are the slinky one. Nice signature move.

i'm in tonight, so is paul i know that...i'd imagine davey boy will be there as well..

where and when are we partying before?? i think indika's plac is off-limits tonight. he's trying to quit smoking, and drinking all at the same time??? crazy...we should start a pool. ten bucks say that at least 2 heinekin king cans drop tonight.

sloth, brad, ms. huxx, daveyboy, harpua???

any ideas where to get this party started right?

Though the compatition was initially stimulating. It has degenerated into something sticky and damp. Maybe it's time for the two arch rivals to put there differences aside and focus thier creativity and aggression towards a far more insidious foe. The Corperate Pop machine. We all hate it.

Yo this thread got real wierd, real fast.

so yeah, I'm down with the sound tonigt. I got class 'till 10 (last class of the year!!woohoo!) and then i'm a be out to freak with the funk.

One little undeniable point to add to this crazy debate... the ladies love the cheesecake!

davey boy, ms. huxxx: i am very dissapointed in both of you.

ms. huxx: what better band practice than listening to a good band rock out and getting fresh ideas...

you practice all night??? geez...all work and no play... wink.gif" border="0

barrett: what the...??? nonsense, nevermind the hangover...hair of the dog...hair of the dog

u will be home though right davey?? maybe i'll stop by and harrass you.

God damnit mad.gif" border="0mad.gif" border="0mad.gif" border="0

I was all excited that there were 45 posts for the Mercury lounge tonight and low and behold its just a post that got Stinkwalleted up. At least the name works. grin.gif" border="0

Ms. Hux i'd take a shot a you but honestly if I piss off another Lady in the next few months Howler will probably take out to the back yard and shoot me. Besides im low on ammo right now anyway.

NOW BACK TO MOSES MAYES

Sticking with Cheesecake's concepts of love for everything except the Leafs we can do some pre-drinks at my place. Ive got to go to the hospital today around dinner time to visit my bud but I should be back around 8:30. Hood lots of room in the drive way for the caddy, just park at the very end close to my house. Anyones welcome (Booche drag your ass out and bring some Phil)

Guest Low Roller

quote:

Originally posted by doubleB:

Shit, I haven't been out to a show in almost 4 days

Jeezus, I know the feeling. I'm a complete junkie now, living in a dark basement until it's time to emerge and get another hit of live music...