Ms.Huxtable

I'll give you a review.

Hoagie House:

Location Division Street in Kingston

Food: Hoagies

Price: Average

Delivery: None

Recommendation: Double Cheese Streak Hoagie

Service: If it's done right it's all good.

Overall: 2 thumbs up!!

quote:

Originally posted by Fink:

I'll give you a review.

Hoagie House:

Location Division Street in Kingston

Food: Hoagies

Price: Average

Delivery: None

Recommendation: Double Cheese Streak Hoagie

Service: If it's done right it's all good.

Overall: 2 thumbs up!!

I used to live around the corner from that Hoagie House. ggggggghhhh, double cheese steak hoagie ... want one ....

Hey BradM,

I have eaten at Kinki in the Market. The atmosphere is very upscale and the prices match the atmosphere. A bit too pricey for me to frequent that place too often. It's very difficult for a sushi restaraunt to stand apart from the rest, as sushi is sushi and is prepared the same way across the board. This place matches different sakes with different sushis (like wine sommeliers) and it also makes a KILLER seaweed salad, better than most I've tasted.

Still, too expensive for moi. If someone offered to pay I'd go back in a second. But then again, if someone offered to pay, I'd eat almost anywhere!

quote:

Originally posted by h:

sounds like a wicked salad though - what's the dressing on that?

robust olive oil and red wine vinegar, mixed 2:1. Add oregano to taste (mine is homegrown but dried, so I rub a bunch of it and toss it in). Add freshly ground black pepper and salt to taste (some days I do, some days I don't). Crushed garlic is good, too.

If I have the following, they go into the bowl:

-- parsley

-- green onions

-- finely chopped celery

Other stuff that would be good but I haven't tried:

-- black olives

-- artichoke hearts

Now, if we're talking about cooking, well ... Bradm is probably a better cook than I am, at least for stir fry.

I like baking, though.

quote:

Originally posted by bradm:

This episode, the restaurant under the microscope was
* in the Byward Market. It looks like a moderately upscale Japanese/Asian semi-fusion place, with a sushi/sashimi bar.

Has anybody tried it? It's located at 41 York St., right beside Expedition.

The Mercenary and I have decided that we have a mission: We must try *every* Japanese restaurant in Ottawa. Last weekend it was "Wasabi" in the Market on Clarence.

The menu is pretty much sushi-based. For the price, the sashimi was decent enough. The Mercenary had some comments about the sushi, but on the whole, the place was alright. I have to say that the server was very attentive, and that's something I appreciate.

We went to "Shogun" on Carling a few weeks ago. This is a teppan place, so the charm is in the floor show performed by the chef cooking at your table. The server remarked on how unusual she thought it was that we started off with sashimi, so I guess gaijin go there for the floor show and bypass the raw fish. The teppan entrees were very tasty, and I have to give credit to the chef for understanding the meaning of "bleu". (When I want raw cow, I mean raw cow.)