Jambands.ca

Q re: The New Deal "mini" car launch parties

MarcO

If you know when and where these shows took place in Van and/or Montreal earlier this year, please let me know: northerntube@hotmail.com

I'm trying to update their gig history for their fan site, and we try to include all gigs, private parties or not.

Thanks!

Marc.

just a question and i'm not trying to be mean here but...doesn't any one else view this as selling out?

the new mini?

amazon.ca?

i dunno...doesn't seem right to me...but it's their music and if they want it associated with products that's their business.

(There was actually a bit of a discussion about this before, when the gigs were first announced.)

Remember, there's a big difference between selling out and cashing in. If The New Deal could do the gigs without compromising their musical values, and without being associated with corporations with whom they have disagreements, then it's not selling out.

IMHO, more power to 'em; take the music to people who wouldn't normally hear it, and rake in the cash, the notoriety, and any perks they can get from the corporations.

Aloha,

Brad

For whatever it's worth, I'm asking the question on-line because the band never posted these dates on their web-site. They keep these things pretty discreet and separate from their life as a touring act.

If we were to raise the cash to have them play at OUR private party, that's not much different than amazon.ca hiring them, IMO.

MarcO, do you got that show they did at Raven in Hamilton a few months ago? I forget how long ago, maybe back in January or even longer.. It was unannounced, and they took it just cause they hadn't played to an audience in a while and wanted a warm-up gig before a tour I think.. Know the one?

As for playing corporate functions, and keeping "private party" gigs a secret from your fans (even after the fact), I'd have to say boo-urns to that.