Jambands.ca

Question of the Day 11-14-2002

Mr. Musicface

My first ever Q of the D. Hoo-ha!

So here goes: what do you think is a good looking band or artist website? Not necessarily your favorite artist, I don't even care if it's some lame boyband or MOR schlockmyster, but what band site have you been to lately that makes you go "wow, that looks cool"?

The context FYI: some of you may know that I host a number of music sites on my server at www.musicface.com, including Uncle Seth. We've been talking about re-doing the band site for the new year, and I'm curious to know what people in the scene find visually appealing.

Tara, the Uncle Seth singer, really likes this site and I agree:

www.erinsmithband.com

A great band to boot, but the design based on Erin's art and executed by Janine Stoll (who also has a great site) is definitely vibrant and catches your attention. No bells and whistles, just strong visual design.

Anyway, there ya go - bring it on!

Peace,

Mr. M.

quote:

As far as I';m concerned the Phish site is about the coolest I've run across.

I like the "O-Phish-al" at www.phish.com site, but personally I think all the Flash stuff makes the thing take too long and makes it a bit cluttered. I personally tend to spend more time at www.phish.net - it ain't sure pretty, but it gets right to the point.

I'm with Booche on this generally, I like simple, but I'm also trying to split the difference with something that has a strong visual aspect. It's a hard balance.

Peace,

Mr. M.