Jambands.ca

My paper is on you guys!

Chewie

I'm doing a paper for my pop culture class and i have to write about a (pop culture) website that i frequent. So I'm doing this site!

I have to talk about my personal involvment, regular posters, dynamics, netiquette, sponsorship etc...

It should be pretty funny... [big Grin] I love being back in skool.

ok, i just got writers-block.

i'm trying to explain what a jamband is and i came up with the weakest and lamest definition ever.

can u guys help me with that? What is a jamband?

you'd think for a person who has been on the bus for almost 10 years now i'd be able to spew something off no problem...

It might be easier to start with things that are associated with jambands and jambandfans:

• improvisation
  • segues
  • taping
  • genre-mixing*

and so on.

There's a good article featuring our own dave-O talking about the label "jam band" and how he used to not like it, but now does.

Aloha,

Brad

* E.g., how The Grateful Dead of Phish can do bluegrass one minute, then funk the next, then spacy stuff; or how the fans can love (and be knowledgeable of) teaditional jazz, electronica, pop, blues, etc.

please don't mention my late night, totally hammered 5:30 am posts [Wink]

but seriously,

a thing I tend to notice is the way this group comes together when someone has something really bad going on in their lives... very kind... seems to be a really nice group de folk... and the questions of the day seem to have cultural significance... if only to point out how a group of seemingly similiar music freeks can vary so vastly in opinions...

all that and we get to keep right up to date on where the best places to go shake our bones are

happy writin

i'm done the paper.

i will post it later today.

thanks for all your help guys, i really do mean that. the paper (if i wanted it to be very thorough) would have been about 300 pgs.

it's very generic so there is not a lot of detail about the scene i had to keep it short.

i'm done the paper.

i will post it later today.

thanks for all your help guys, i really do mean that. the paper (if i wanted it to be very thorough) would have been about 300 pgs.

it's very generic so there is not a lot of detail about the scene i had to keep it short.

Archived