Jambands.ca

Hangover Scale

Guest Low Roller

Guest Low Roller

Hangover Scale

One Star Hangover (*)

No pain. No real feeling of illness. You're able to function relatively well. However, you are still parched. You can drink 5 sodas and still feel this way. For some reason, your are craving a philly sub and steak fries.

Two Star Hangover (**)

No pain, but something is definitely amiss. You may look okay but you have the mental capacity of a staple gun. The coffee you are chugging is only increasing your rumbling gut, which is still tossing around the fruity pancake from the 3:00 AM Waffle House excursion. There is some definite havoc being wreaked upon your bowels.

Three Star Hangover (***)

Slight headache. Stomach feels crappy. You are definitely not productive. Anytime a girl walks by you gag because her perfume reminds you of the flavored schnapps' shots your alcoholic friends dared you to drink. Life would be better right now if you were home in your bed watching I Love Lucy reruns. You've had 4 cups of coffee, a gallon of water, 3 iced teas and a diet Coke- yet you haven't peed once.

Four Star Hangover (****)

Life sucks. Your head is throbbing. You can't speak too quickly or else you might puke. Your boss has already lambasted you for being late and has given you a lecture for reeking of booze. You wore nice clothes, but that can't hide the fact that you only shaved one side of your face. (for the ladies, it looks like you put your make-up on while riding the bumper cars.) Your eyes look like one big red vein and even your hair hurts.

Five Star Hangover (*****)

You have a second heartbeat in your head, which is actually annoying the employee who sits in the next cube. Vodka vapor is seeping out of every pore and making you dizzy. You still have toothpaste crust in the corners of your mouth from brushing your teeth in an attempt to get the remnants of the poop fairy out. Your body has lost the ability to generate saliva so your tongue is suffocating you. Death sounds pretty good about right now....

Guest Low Roller

I'm already planning to call in sick tomorrow. Also I hope there is no direct correlation between how much I drink, and the severity of my hangover.

There is no pain; the world's receding. My head feels like a huge balloon. Things are coming through in waves; my fingers move, but I can't hear what they're saying.

When I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse; out of the corner of my eye. Now I've got that feeling once again; you would not understand: this is not how I am.

I have become uncomfortably numb.

I called in sick today, for about the 3rd time in 12 years. Apparently I made it home last night; the trip is a vague blur. Verticality's an E-ticket ride at this point. Oh, Bed, where art thou?

Aloha,

Brad

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm already planning to call in sick tomorrow. Also I hope there is no direct correlation between how much I drink, and the severity of my hangover.

heres a fuuny story.

in the summer i had a n oz. of shrooms. it was a friday and i ahd to work. the next saturday there was a jazz festival in a town near Peterborough and that night a killer party that the shrooms were for, but unfortunately I was scheduled to work all day. so friday night i have to walk to work in about 1/2 an hour and I begin to sample the shrooms, nothing much, you know, just a stem here, a cap there. eventually i realize Ive ate about 4 grams and I have to walk to work. needless to say the walk there was fucked, and when i got there . . well i worked in a seafood department of a grocery store, and a tank full of lobsters can be pretty trippy.

so my boss notices me acting all wierd and asks me if Im sick. I say yes, and then realize "hey if im sick now, i can still be 'sick' tomorrow and make it to everything I wanted to do. so in the end I lived happily ever after.'

but dont do shrooms at work.

Archived