Jambands.ca

Go Syracuse!!

Jaimoe

Any US college basketball fan born and raised in the Kingston area will definitely be cheering for the Orangemen tonight at 8:30. The proximity of Kingston to Syracuse make the Orangeman sort of Kingston's team ( at least to my friends of my era ). Maybe Jim Boeheim can finally win in the finals? I don't hate him as much as I did in the 80s and 90s.

Brels, we from Kingston know that Boeheim will do everything in his power to lose either tonight, or Monday. I know the other ( former ) and present Kingstonians will be cheering on Syracuse tonight, regardless: Davey Boy, Bouche ( I don't think Mike's a college bb fan however ), Booche, Sally, Reba, Dog At The Station...

OH YEAH BABY!

Brels, as long as the Cuse can keep that zone dumbfounding the putzes for 3/4's of the game, they will make it to the final. Did we ever take one of those high school bus trips together?

I cant remember, but I do know we would stop at those sport wharehouse stores and spend every doller a kid had on shoes. I seem to recall you having a killer pair of Nikes, but I have done too many drugs since then......

Anyways, I havent been this excited about the NCAA Tournament is years! That freshman looks great, and I hope he doesnt jump to the NBA. Its weird not living in Kingston, and knowing the Orange inside and out.

I wish the Pearl was playing tonight. We'ld have NO problems.

Onto another topic, CatPhish has talked us into turning the clock ahead an hour already. Looooong story, but it is working, and the booze is kickin'

Barrett stories to follow................ [Eek!]

Brels, biggest concert season I have ever seen, and I hope you are able to cross the border for a show. Call me if you want to hit The Dead in Vernon (just outside of Syracuse) on June 29th.

Willie Nelson and Moe are opening, highly recommended venture. Or, if you want to come to Ottawa on May 21st, you can have the spare room. Its up for offer, with Jaimoe getting first dibs, but he is pretty iffy, we'll give you 2nds.

Nero and The Slip.......this is going to be huge.

Make the drive sonny, you need a road trip.

(Maybe the booze is starting to hit more than I thought, I am rambling [Razz] )

The 'Cuse wins! Man, Jimmy Boeiham totally deserves a championship. Keith Smart must still haunt his dreams.

I miss the days of Rony Seikaly and Sherman Douglas. The first Sports Illustrated that I ever bought had a picture of Billy Owens on it, as he was part of a highly touted freshman class (came in with Alonzo Mourning).

Carmelo Anthony got game. I hope he enters the draft so the Raptors can get him and trade Vince Carter for someone who's less of a pussy.

Yeah, I said that.

There's been a lot of great players at Syracuse over the decades: Dave Bing, Marty Headd, Erich Santifer, Rafael Addison, Leo Rautins, Dan Schayes, Pearl Wahingston, Derrick Coleman, Sherman Douglas, Ron Seikaly, Billy Owens, Lawrence Moten, Adrian Autry, John Wallace, Etan Thomas, Carmello Anthony etc...

... but my favourite of them all was Stevie Thompson . Until Camillo came around, no one could finish better than Stevie on the fast break. He is actually my favourite college player of all time. Who's your favourite?

Yes!! SU is making their one a decade pilgrimage to to the finals. Kansas pretty incredible, makes the finals a scary prospect.

Favourite college player of all time....I always really like Lawrence Moten (SU) - that guy was smooth. I am still surprised he wan't NBA material.

How about least favourtie college player of all time? It's a tie (yes, I despise Duke)

- Danny Hurleigh

- Christian Laetner

- Cherokee Parks

Hey Chewie, I mentioned Syracuse greats, not favourites ( other than Stevie Thompson ). Leo was one of their best ever, but he certainly isn't one of the best NBA colour-commentators.

Brels, what are you thinking? The most hated has to be Steve Alford. He was the epitomy of Bobby Knight basketball. Although, Cherokee Parks ranks right up there in my most hated list. So does Christian Laetner, or any other player, past and present on Duke, Indiana, Texas Tech, UCLA, UNC and UNLV. What about Reggie Miller or Jon Konkac?

Jon Konkac? Damn, I almost forget about that guy. Stevie Thompson was quite the finisher, though Dave Johnson had some uppities as well. He had a really bad hair-cut though, from what I remember.

Least favourite college player of all time has to be former Duke bench-man Marty Clark (the redhead guy who played in the early 90s). I was always convinced I could take that guy one-on-one, plus I hated Duke. Christian Laettner is up there too.

Favourite college player? I might have to go with Chris Jackson of LSU, who later became Mahmoud Abdul Rauf. Good call on Lawrence Moten...Anyone who wears the high socks deserves my respect.

Oddly enough, Jackson was never the same after his conversion to Islam. Check the numbers if you need proof.

Brels, Moten was drafted by the Vancouver Grizzlies in the 2nd Round. He never panned-out, but he sure was a great college player. Tweeners and swing-men often have difficulty adjusting to the NBA.

They tried to lose the game, but they didn't. My decades long suffering has ended... and I know I also speak for Brels, Booche and all the other Kingstonian Syracuse fans. This is almost as great as the first Blue Jays World Series win. I even like Boeheim now. I hope the raptors get Anthony in the draft, but I'd like it even better if he stayed at Syracuse for a repeat next year. Orangemen rule!!

Archived