Jambands.ca

QOTD

bONES

"I feel like we spent our first seventeen years learning how to be a good band..... Now we can spend the next twenty years actually being a good band." Jon Fishman, February 2003

"We're back, simple as that...... We went away and came back recharged, which was the goal." - Page McConnell, December, 2002

"We've been in band practice six hours a day...... we're getting excited about playing again." - Mike Gordon, October, 2002

"We don`t practice. We can`t. It`s just... [we haven't practiced] since before the hiatus, probably. Maybe for like a day...... No, we don`t even practice before tours anymore. We just go meet up." - Trey Anastasio, May, 2004

"We have this series of band rules.... we came up with another one: We have to play one show when we're in our eighties...... That's the new band rule. Of course, that means we have to stay alive." - Trey Anastasio, February, 2003

"It's very difficult for me to imagine us ever breaking up again.... Maybe we take another hiatus. But as long as the four of us are alive, on the earth, Phish would exist. Because that is what we are." - Page McConnell, February 2003

"it is important to acknowledge the fact that I've been incredibly tired over the last four years, and the thing has been wearing me down. And my mother and my wife and my dad, everybody's been chiming in, you know, "you can't do this anymore, its got to stop." - Trey Anastasio, May 2004

"It's pretty weird to have the plug pulled on your career just like that." - Mike Gordon, May 2004

www.phisharchive.com