Jambands.ca

The New Meanies

thatpatguy

Does anyone remember this band? I think they were from Toronto. I've got their album Three Seeds (their first major label release) and just recently dug it out and popped it in.

wow.. I forgot how good these guys were.. I'm figuring they are long gone by now but if anyone has any info that would be great.

I saw this band a few times. Once opening for Dave Matthews Band at Maple Leaf Gardens in 1998, I also saw them open for Paul Rodger (original lead vocalist for Free and Bad Compan) at the Guvernment and Brother Cane at Lee's Palace.

I have no idea if they are still together or not. I too have their major label debut on Virgin Music Canada in 1997. I also have their debut record (I think) which was self titled and released in 1995.

I did like these guys, and I too haven't listened to them in quite a long time.

The New Meanies are from Winnepeg.... I used to play with them a lot back in the late 90's and sat in with them a few times too! They were originally a band called the Blue Meanies, but upon signing with Virgin, they had to change their name. Three Seeds, their Vigin debut, was a bit of a flop in the eyes of the indusrty, and they were dropped.

Didn't hear much from them for a while, but they resurfaced without Sky, their bassist, about two years ago with a new video and were gigging around and taking it a little easier.

Unfortunately, they're no longer together. I've seen Damon Mitchell, the lead guitarist around backing a few other bands in the last few years.

Three Seeds is a great CD! We play it whenever we're crossing the prairies. I have a live show of theirs from 1997 that I taped in Thunder Bay that's not too bad aside from the cheap mic I used.

i sure do remember The New Meanies

i also have three seeds and it rocks!!

i remember back in....oh, 1997 i think it was

i drove from Victoria up to Parksville, picked up 3 friends and continued on up to Courtenay to catch them play in this tiny hotel bar

we were the only out of towners, and the only one's dancing ::

Emlyn passed out in my car and puked out of an open door, and when it was all over i did the drive back home to Victoria for work the next day!

good times

dang, i was a trooper in my younger days ::