Jambands.ca

Phish's "Undermind" debuts at No. 13 on Billboard

TimmyB

From www.billboard.com

"With its break-up impending, jam band juggernaut Phish sees its Elektra swan song, "Undermind," enter The Billboard at No. 13. The album, which sold 56,000 copies, bests the band's previous studio set, 2002's "Round Room," which entered at No. 46 and has sold 202,000 copies to date. Though it only peaked at No. 34 on the album tally, the group's best-selling release remains 1994's "Hoist," which has moved 644,000 copies to date."

I guess a bonus DVD was not enough for Phish's final album to crack the Top 10

"Beastie Boys return this week to the No. 1 position on the Billboard 200 with "To the 5 Boroughs." Their lates Capitol set opened with sales of 360,000 copies in the United States, accoring to Nielsen SoundScan.

It's the follow-up to 1998's "Hello Nasty," which also debuted at No. 1, selling 682,000 copies in its opening week. It remained on top for three weeks and has sold 3.8 million to date."

I look forward to seeing the Beastie Boys for the first time!

"Velvet Revolver's RCA set, meanwhile, suffered a 52% slip to 123,000 copies, and tumbles to No. 3 on the chart."

I guess the next time I see Velvet Revolver it will not be at the Kool Haus after sales like this?

"Prince's "Musicology" (NPG/Columbia) falls one position to No. 6."

This Prince album is quite good especially comparing to his last couple of releases. I so look forward to his first gig at the Air Canada Centre in July.

"Moving into the top 10 this week is Los Lonely Boys' self-titled Epic set, which makes a 13-9 jump on a 36% increase to 61,000 copies."

I can not believe how many people are buying the debut album by the Los Lonely Boys? I saw them at the past two Farm Aids and at this years bonnaroo, they felt like a interesting hybrid of Stevie Ray Vaughan and Los Lobos. For them to have a Top 10 debut album is pretty amazing.

The week approaching Father's Day was good to Eric Clapton, whose lates Warner Bros. album "Me and Mr. Johnson," leaps 79-41 o n a 127% sales increase to 31,000 copies. Similarly, the release of a special edition package of 2001's "The Very Best of the Beach Boys" (EMI), which boasts a bonus CD, shoots the title 96-45 on a 133% increase to 28,000 copies."

The highlights of the summer for me will definitely be Eric Clapton at the Air Canada Centre and the HSBC Arena. Also Clapton appears on the new Brian Wilson set that was released this past Tuesday, that also includes a apperance from Sir Paul McCartney.

So, it should have sold in the area of 5500 in Canada last week to be as successful as it was in the US. But the soundscan numbers for the new Phish album in Canada 1st week are - 829 copies sold, making it the 112th best selling record of the week. Where are those Canadian Phish fans?

Best selling Phish album in Canada? Billy Breathes with just over 15,000 copies.