Jambands.ca

want to vote, but don't know jack about politics?

PalacePrincess

i just found this handy dandy little questionnaire that may help you choose if you have no idea who to vote for and don't know very much about the parties

http://www.politicswatch.com/VoteSelectorQuiz2004.html

this is of course, provided you're going to vote based mostly on what you actually believe in, and not just strategy. ;) in any case though, it's still pretty interesting, as it shows just how much all the parties match up to the things you want. (and it seems fairly accurate, i took it & it came up with the answer i was already planning to cast on the ballot today)

it's certainly not the end all be all answer to anything (this whole election is just so fricken complicated ::), but it could help a little if you don't know very much about the different parties.

i put this in a separate thread to try & entice anyone here who doesn't know very much about politics & was maybe not even planning to vote, because it is SO, SO, SO, SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!!! to get yer ass out there and vote!!!!!! *especially* for this election. even if this is the only vote you ever cast, it's important that you make it. our voter turnout in canada is in a word, pathetic, and unless you want a small margin of the people who live here deciding what happens to our great nation, make your opinions heard!

okay, i'll put the megaphone down now. :) (can you tell i have had these speeches drilled into me over the last few months? heehee)

now go vote! ::

been leaning NDP anyhow but this listed me as 100% for Layton's policies followed by 74% Bloc Quebecois and only 52% for Martin (12% for Harper ::)

was planning on voting NDP this time around anyways as they have a chance on Hamilton Mountain but nice to see that my thoughts mirror their's exactly... Hamilton would really benefit from NDP representation, help bring us out of our working joe mentality...

I'm sad I missed out on the breakfast I was invited to with Layton on the weekend

Jack Layton Leader of the New Democratic Party of Canada (score = 100)

Gilles Duceppe Leader of the Bloc Quebecois (score = 84)

Stephen Harper Leader of the Conservative Party of Canada (score = 37)

Paul Martin Leader of Liberal Party of Canada, Prime Minister of Canada (score = 37)

Strange.....