Jambands.ca

Jeff Tweedy (Wilco) on jambands

MarcO

"We're really going for that hippie audience", he says with a laugh. "These Phish people, they deserve a band who can write songs at some point in there lives. Seriously, those people would love what we can do. All they've gotten is half-hearted swill from quasi~jazz guys. Walk into the lounge at any community college in America and there are guys playing like that. The world doesn't need any more jam bands; it just needs more good jam bands." - Guitar Player Magazine

<salivating......>

btw - the new Wilco CD is phenomenal.

[i they deserve a band who can write songs at some point in there lives. Seriously, those people would love what we can do. All they've gotten is half-hearted swill from quasi~jazz guys. Walk into the lounge at any community college in America and there are guys playing like that. The world doesn't need any more jam bands; it just needs more good jam bands." - Guitar Player Magazine

this is the truth! there's somthing to be said about a good song. the world needs good new songs! we should have a song wrighting contest.

.. i live in constant fear. im in the fetal position right now sucking my own toes.... brrrrrrr. sooo cold... daddy wheres my blankie...

Its not that i dont think wilco is great (one of my favorite actually), or that i dont agree that 'jambands' in general could use an overall improvement on the songwriting side of things, and more concentration on the asthetics of good songwriting; i actually agree with those points.

I just dont like how he's talking about his own band as though they write songs that are good to everybody.. cause they dont! I know a lot of people whos tastes i respect who dont 'get' wilco, or cant get over certain aspects of their sound/style. A truly great song is accesible to any listener. I think they're awesome and i cant wait to see them in august, but whatever, its not like they have written a hit song or something.. i just found it cocky sort of statement. now if it had been deaner or gener, i wouldve agreed 100%. :)

ps- we'll see you saturday, sexington. ::

Jeff Tweedy and his gang will be coming back to Toronto on August 3rd at the Mod Club. I think? When I get more details I'll post them.

As for the whole songwriting thing, the worst Wilco album is better than the best second or third generation of jamband albums, period.

Also who cares if Tweedy with Wilco hasn't had a hit song ever? Have you seen what songs are in the HOT 100 on the Billboard charts lately? They're almost all crap, check it out for yourself. www.billboard.com

Jeff Tweedy gets critical acclaim for his songwriting because his songwriting is amazing. Wilco's albums are classics each and every one. Tweedy will be looked back on as a genius when all is said and done. That's it for my rant, thank you for reading.

According to today's Rolling Stone, Wilco do indeed creep into the Top 10 albums charts. I know that their new album isn't listed on the current Billboard chart, but RS may be showing us next week's album chart:

This week's Top Ten: Jadakiss' Kiss of Death; Usher's Confessions; Beastie Boys' To the 5 Boroughs; JoJo's JoJo; Prince's Musicology; Gretchen Wilson's Here for the Party; Spider-Man 2; Wilco's A Ghost Is Born; Velvet Revolver's Contraband; and Avril Lavigne's Under My Skin.