TimmyB

HOUSE OF BLUES CONCERTS

WILCO

LEGAL AGE 19

THE MOD CLUB

722 COLLEGE ST WEST

TUE AUG 3, 2004 DRS 8PM

CA $35.00 PLUS SERVICE CHARGES

The on sale date has yet to be announced but www.wilcoworld.com said that it will be on sale this week.

When I see the on sale date I will post it.

I am very happy that Wilco is still coming to Toronto after the the cancellation of Lollapalooza.

As for the price of the ticket, I have no problem with it, and feel it's reasonable. I know someone who has spoken to Wilco's road manager in the fall of 2002. The manager said that Wilco will book themselves anywhere they can get, as they do not make much off their tours.

Now that they have a Top 10 album in "A Ghost Is Born," which debuted at number 8 in the Billboard 200 Album Charts, they have every right to try and cash in and allow themselves some comfort.

The Wilco show tickets will still be under $50 for a single, which in a world where the average is creeping up to $100 for a show, under $50 isn't so bad.

the only reason why I think it's unreasonable is because I haven't been exposed to them enough. The first time I go to check out a band live I don't think I should pay nearly $40 to find out if I'll like it. I understand it being worth it for several people on this board and beyond.

If the Drive-By Truckers were to come play Toronto and charged $30 a ticket everyone would scoff and no one would pay it. Not because they're not interested but because they're uncertain as to wether or not they are going to enjoy it that much.

I was really interested in checking out Wilco this year but paying that kind of ticket price just to check things out is a little out of my price range. Oh well, maybe next time around I'll be willing to take the gamble.

Funny. I was listening to a Wilco show from 98 over the weekend and after a lengthy rock-out Tweedy commented something along the lines of "Jamming, that's what we're all about now, jamming..." I thought it was rather timely.

NewRider - Wilco are a lot bigger than the truckers. I understand your point but the truckers aren't where Wilco are yet. if the truckers are as good as you say they are and you say they're worth a $30 ticket i'd pay it.

I just think going out is expensive all around.

I wish people didn't have to drink and get high to see a show. people'd go out a lot more and music would actually get supported.

Hey NewRider, check out this CD review from Rolling Stone:

Patterson Hood Killers and Stars (New West)

This collection of twelve demos from Drive-By Truckers leader Patterson Hood was recorded in his dining room over two nights in 2001 and then sold at solo shows as a private glimpse into the singer's then-difficult life. The band was finishing up its double-album opus Southern Rock Opera with much unresolved tension and Hood's marriage headed to divorce ("Miss Me Gone"). Hood nearly forgot about these naked sketches, but recently decided to have them properly mastered and issued for posterity's sake. These dark acoustic tunes confront everything from the sketchy personality disorders that lead to cult stardom ("Frances Farmer," "Cat Power") to Alzheimer's ("Old Timer's Disease") with both a critical and empathetic eye. Hood's southern drawl becomes a lonely whine against the plaintive guitar occasionally smacked out of key by his overheated strumming. Throughout, cathartic and therapeutic, Killers and Stars maintains its raw edge. (ROB O'CONNOR)

Modest Mouse is $18.00.

I know I should go to this show even though I don't have any of their albums. I'll probably kick myself if I miss them, after I buy some of their albums. I remember last year I bought My Morning Jacket's It Still Moves a week after they played Toronto. I was so mad that I didn't discover them earlier.

ahh... thanks jaimoe... bein down in london i count on you guys for things like this.. :)

and dude, yeah, check out modest mouse.. i think 18 bucks is less than what i paid to see them in 2000 at the opera house.. maybe one of the loudest shows i've ever been to... quote of the night from Isaac Brock after singing as hard as only isaac can, through the pick-ups in his guitar: "uhhhh, if anyone has some real good painkillers out there, could ya just throw 'em up on stage here? i just re-broke my jaw during that one."

I just found out there was a presale today at noon through www.wilcoworld.net when you hit on shows read the bottom where it says "If tickets are sold via wilcoworld/music today, it means they they go on sale here." Click on here to access. The password is foxtrot.

The mod club is a very small venue of under six hundred and the last time Wilco played here they sold out the Kool Haus which is over two thousand. So if you are going to go get them now.