Jambands.ca

Canadian golf

Vermontdave

i saw mike weir vs wayne gretsky, brett hull, and jerome meginla? whats his last name again? it was the 3 hockey players vs one pro golfer, they took the best shot out of the 3 goons, i think the hockey team won in the end.

hull sucks at golf

First off... a huge hats off to little Mikey Weir. Huge pressure and he came through beautifully with a bogey-free final round... in the hardest major tourney to win. I'm a lefty myself... and Canadian... so that just makes it all the more sweet.

As for Weir vs. the NHL guys... it was Gretz, Hull, & Lemieux. They led from hole 3 until hole 16... Mike was kind of embarassed, but having a blast nonetheless. But then we separated the pro golfer from the pro hockey players. Weir birdied 17 & 18 under the pressure of losing to a couple of NHL'ers... and they played like HOCKEY PLAYERS with a GOLF MATCH on the line, and a skilled competitor breathing down their neck!! Golf ain't easy by any stretch... and it's even harder to stay focused and keep making good shots when the pressures on.

Thank god Weir beat those three!! That could have been embarassing, even though they get to play 3-man best ball and he's on his own. Maybe there was some money in it and Mike stayed close enough to offer 'em double or nothing after 16 (which they took) before showing his "A" game and cleaning up!!!

That'd be nice!!

Poor Phil... will he ever get that elusive major?

Now that Weir's got one, expect big things from the little Canadian lefty!!!

Good stuff. [big Grin]

A point of interest regarding Weir playing lefty....

Due to the young age at which Canadians play hockey, a sport in which lefty is not frowned upon by teachers of the sport: we are more likely to be left handed golfers than anywhere else in the world. In Canada, 22% of golfers are left handed, but elsewhere the figure is only 7%. Food for thought...

And another note, Weir is best friends with Adam Oates since they both hail from the same hometown and grew up together.

The post match commentary yesterday included facts that Weir gave up his dreams of hockey stardom due to his diminutive size, and that after losing a big tourney last year- The Great One called him and told him to tough it out and just play his game.

Sean

Archived