Jambands.ca

Corson's a bum!

MoMack

Can you belive this guy? The news is saying that he quit because he was a healthy scratch! What a goof! There's no I in team... ha! I can't even believe it. It just doesn't compute in my head that anybody in the playoffs would do such a thing to their team...

ahh well... Hope Almo can play tomorrow!

Sources told TSN that Corson, who was a healthy scratch last night for Game 3 against Philadelphia, met with Head Coach and General Manager Pat Quinn yesterday and a decision was reached during that meeting that Corson would no longer play or practice with the club. Corson was not at Leaf practice today.

Whether that decision remains final remains to be seen. Corson is clearly unhappy with his diminished role on the Maple Leafs this season. Corson's contract expires at the end of this season, but there is a club option.

It's believed, howewver, that the Maple Leafs are not interested in exercising that option.

Idiot.

If it's true it's pretty bad... Corson's been pissy about not playing at various times during this season, but he's always been quoted with the old "I've just gotta work harder to get back in the line-up."

And again, if it is true it's an extra crappy thing to do considering his brother-in-law and closest friend Tucker is still on the team - why would you create such a distraction when someone that you care about like that still has a chance at the Cup?

Peace,

Mr. M.

quote:

remember how you got me all excited about him, booche?)

Not really, I used to smoke alot back then, but it all makes sense. I used to LOVE Corson.

Heck, Muller is a helluva lot better player on Dallas than Shayne is in TO, so let's see Mario Lemieux sign with the Habs.

Am I making sense?

Probably not.

Too many drugs...........................

Speaking of which, I have to tape Hux this 10-27-79. That Dancin with Brent is EXACTLY what the Good Dr wants to hear out of Phred.

Guest Low Roller

quote:

Originally posted by Booche:

Heck, Muller is a helluva lot better player on Dallas than Shayne is in TO, so let's see Mario Lemieux sign with the Habs.

Nah. He belongs with the rest of the has beens- with the Rangers in New York.

Habs in 2004!!!!

(until then Go Sens Go!)

quote:

Originally posted by headygouda:

So here's the question... if the leafs DO win the cup... will corson get a ring? (If they do in fact even get rings or anything along those lines) Will he be credited as 'part of the leafs 2003 winning team??'

What a stinker.

Here's the answer.

The Leafs WON'T win the cup so there is no need to worry [Wink]

waaaaaaaaaa. he was good, now he's not. Something every pro athlete has to deal with at some point in their career. At least be professional about it man! For Christ sake, Micheal Jordan came off the bench for half of the Wizards games this year....the best friggin player ever, so cry me a river Corson, golf's more fun to do year round anyway.

Here here Schwa! I loved Corson in Montreal and when he first got here up to and including last season, but this is just a goofy, selfish move.

There's a great Wendel Clark quote in the book "Captains", something like "you get 4 years to play this game, that's the average for a professional career. Anything more is a blessing." I should look up the exact quote, but the basic point is DUDE, you play hockey for a living, and DAMN GOOD living at that. Be a pro, suck it up and save your personal demons for the off-season.

- M.

Okay, so after reading the Star this morning I want to retract somewhat from my previous posts. Corson apparently has had some health issues which I think everyone figured, but I for one hadn't realized that he had actually had some mental health issues, including panic attacks. Having known a number of folks who have gone through similar things, I think I can understand a little better why Corson might have left the team. In the article he was quoted as saying how much he loves the guys on the team and wants them to have a shot at the Cup. I have the feeling he left to some extent because his problems might have been distracting to the other players, particularly Tucker who apparently has helped him a lot in getting over his problems. Apparently the decision to leave was a mutual one between him and Quinn, not a hissy-fit.

Personally I only wish him well in recovering his full health.

Peace,

Mr. M.

Guest Low Roller

Sigh... so much faith, yet so little hope... I admire Leafs fans. [Wink]

I never liked Corson because he always took the stupid penalties back in the day with Montreal. To be fair, his gameplay was ahead of its time back in the early 90's, before clutch and grab was all the rage in the East, hence why he drew all those penalties.

Mental issues are no fun to deal with, so I wish him the best.

Haha... I, too, feel for the Ottawa fans who feel they can actually win games in the playoffs. How many years have they choked now??! Not to start anything...though I am a leafs fan, neither of these teams will win it. The cup's not comin' to canada this year....

...sure hope I eat my words!

Archived