Jambands.ca

Unemployed

CatPhish

For the past 5 years I have been a caregiver/special needs worker for a family of four kids. Today was my last day, I've watched them all grow into amazing individuals and they have helped me grow as well .I think have learned more about science, Lego and life in general from each of these four kids then I think I have ever learned from anyone. It's going to be tough not seeing them everyday, but since it was a family home and not a group home or hospital, like I have worked in before, I will be able to stay in contact with these kids and still watch them grow.

They alljust dropped me off at my place and as we were all exchanging hugs Imagine was playing on the radio... which made it an extra special and almost surreal moment.

>SO...now that the tears are behind me... I’m calling the beer delivery guy and getting ready to celebrate being unemployed. I have not been unemployed for longer than 2 weeks since I was about 16. Looking forward to staying up late and forgetting what day it is...for al ittle while anyway.

So for those of you who are left in Ottawa give me a call.

Hey Catbabe, I know today must be hard on you and the kids. I'm sure they love you as much as we all do. I have my sister and 5 year old niece coming over tonight for the weekend. I don't think we'll venture off tonight, but you're more than welcome for some dinner, drinks and kid-talk.

(((((Hugs)))))