Jambands.ca

Lil' help w/ the new house

rabidmonkey

Hey everybody

we haven't talked in a little while but I'm in need of some help.

I am in the middle of the (arduous) task of purchasing a house. I was wondering if anyone knows a good real estate lawyer and/or property inpector in Ottawa. I would rather give the money to someone that deserves it, than to someone I don't even know.

Cheers,

Shane

I bought my place in '97 (Lincoln Fields area), using an agent (RE/Max at 2255 Carling; I can't remember the name of the specific agent I used) and home inspection service (Bottriell & Associates) I was introduced to at a home-buying seminar put on by the Royal Bank. (I didn't shop around for either; I figured the Royal Bank wouldn't associate themselves with rip-off artists.) I've been happy with the results of both their work.

Aloha,

Brad

I used William McEnery & Davis (now just William McEnery, I think) as my lawyer when I bought my house. I think I got referred to them via that (Royal Bank) home-buying seminar I went to. I have no complaints about them, but YMMV: they didn't have to do much beyond the basics (and even then, less than the usual basics) for me.

They're located at 169 Gilmour (between Elgin and Cartier); their phone # is 237-0520.

Aloha,

Brad

Archived