Jambands.ca

Caution Jam JERRY NITE setlistS?

Daniel

• 2 weeks later...

Don't even test me Face. I was going through old threads and saw that and noticed no one remarked. Of course they didn't because heads are notoriously lazy and while they support live music with their dollars and dancing they rarely go any further. I am seriously tired of being the only person for the most part that cares to reflect on song content and delivery and still taking sh!t for having an opinion. Just fu©k off Face is what I'm trying to say. I will never bother to pay attention to your band and what they play because you are the essence of a weekend warrior. Besides that you irk me and I generally don't work well when irked.

Nobody bitches about posting a setlist, nobody bothers either. I just recalled how many lurker nitwits were at that show and how many people should be able to easily recall at least a handful of songs but either can't or won't bother. I am only going to write about bands that really matter to me from now on and you can all find some other fu©king hack (I hear Shain Shapiro is available) to dish out your editorial handjobs (that is precisely the right expression). This isn't about me being on the cross it's about an amotivated, disaffected culture that trashes anyone who bothers to reflect on their experience. I think there's a couple of other words for this attitude but you can fill in your own.

The humour intended in your 'did not take my meds' remark completely missed it's mark. I take that the way a gay person responds to being called a faggot. I am under a great deal of strain executing a world class conference in an under capacitied organization hence creating a great deal of stress for me manifesting itself as ill mental and physical health. So in one regard I am just venting some spleen in another regard I am absolutely at the end of my rope with this so-called scene. One of the more prominent board members referred in private to me that the idea of community around here is 'someone will take care of me'. Indeed.

In case it wasn't clear I would seriously consider retracting your entirely prejudiced, inappropriate, hurtful remark regarding 'meds'. Otherwise as fond as I am of you Hux we will not be speaking again and in fact I would anticipate a far more severe response on my part.

Doesn't the "scene" require people to just "attend", pay cover, dance and have fun? If we were all music critics, wouldn't that be an overkill? Why do you want us all to analyse everything? Some people just go to have fun. Sometimes you're just plain mean, Zero. If you hate us all so much, why do you keep coming to this board. This makes me sad.

It's a family. You like one brother or sister better than another, your mom pisses you off but you love her, your stepdad's a dick, your dad's a hedonist but you love them all don't you. Your remark is even sound why would we all want to be critical. The problem is that many if not all of 'our' bands are struggling particularly financially and moreso then I think anyone realizes. Developing ourselves as a scene, not necessarily critically, is a good response to the challenges we identify the musicians as facing. At least my response as a writer is to write for free and regularly to give praise where it is do and where it is not. How this is lost on anyone is beyond me. My initial remark was just a bitter pill is all. I was just struck by the fact that no one would ever respond to that thread despite the fact that many were in attendance. I am not saying be critical maybe just observant or even 'present' beyond sheer physicality.

humour?

Firstly, you assume I know every detail about your personal life (and probably that I don't skip 90% of your posts as well). I do not. That remark was in reference to nothing I know about you. As MM said, and perhaps you missed the memo (again) - it isn't all about you.

And the thought of you asking someone to retract something from here is truly truly hilarious, under threat of a more severe response no less!!

Perhaps you would feel less stress organizing said "world class conference" if you spent less time spreading your joy on here sunshine??

Learn to deal with stress in a way other than coming on here and treating good people without respect or class, ever think that perhaps "the scene" is at the end of it's rope with your constant bile??

If you treat people in reality the way you treat them online, frankly, you are not the type of person I am looking to call a friend. Sorry.

zero, really, if you need a hug, just ask for a hug. Seriously.

If you're actually offended about me taking a bit of a piss in this thread, I'm sincerely sorry.

Although I agree maybe the "meds" thing was unnecessary. There are actually people who post here who are on medication for various reasons and might indeed be offended by it as well. What ya say to a little edit there, Huxie?

Back to you zero - I think the thread you're probably referring to is this one, right:

http://www.jambands.ca/sanctuary/showfla...true#Post173460

Okay, so no one responded to your posting of a setlist or comments... well so what? It's not like there aren't already 4 or 5 other threads about the upcoming Slip shows. You're the one who said elsewhere you don't post here to aggrandize your own ego, and you apparently have distain for "editorial handjobs" so I'm guessing you didn't want people posting "Golly gee zero, you're the greatest, thanks for your great great post!" If they read the setlist and your commentary and went on with their day, what's the fu©king problem man?

- M.

P.S. For the record, I don't think I've ever represented myself as anything more than weekend warrior musician. And if you really want to ignore my band, better take a number. Line forms around the corner.

Fair enough Hux. That one hit a bit to close to the chest. All things considered despite our mutual interest in politics and cut off t-shirts (and a more than slight physical resemblance) I don't suppose we have much in common. You stick with playing in a mediocre weekend warrior band and I'll stick with being a non-musician critic okay?

While you may be right that many have tired of my bile you obviously realize a great many have not and indeed encourage it. I know this from the great number of private messages and personal remarks I receive with an alarming regularity. Bands like the Slip and Grand Theft Bus for instance are having whole chunks of their fanbase dismiss them for growing artistically. This is just plain wrong and if I am the only one who is going to point it out then fine.

As to asking you to retract your remark it is because I took it to be a slander of something I was born with, like being a homosexual or dyslexic. You will notice I do not mock Showwhore or Big Friendly for being dyslexic. That is completely inappropriate and if I am guilty of that I also should apologize if brought to my attention.

I don't dislike Face it's just for someone who is savvy to the music business he sometimes strikes me as wilfully blind to the symbiotic relationship between musicians and journalists.

yeah man, i never met you, but i have seen you around,and i have to say you are coming across as a bidy cry baby, no one here cares what going on at your jod, or what kind of "world class confrence" you asre organizing, i work my ass off every day, for sh!t, get yelled at , have my fieance leave me and all kinds of other good stuff but you don't see me going all ass hole on nice people for no good reasonm,, if your in a sh!tty mood and didn't take your meds, then maybe it would be a good idea to stay away form a public message fourm, where your just going to make your self look like an ass

It's not the Slip thread I don't care about that. I was scrolling over old threads realized that the Rancho Relaxo show which I used as a staging ground for Golden Dogs (remember them?) had gone without any remark. Offhand I can recall a half dozen songs played and various remarks quite easily but don't have the time or patience. Given that I took so much sh!t about that Golden Dogs 'suffering fools' business in part because people who read the board were at Relaxo I was struck that no one bothered to post anything. Caution Jam deserves some attention and the line up with Booker and Shy (?) was particularly strong. That said someone else can pick up that slack.

"mediocre weekend warrior band"

I've seen this twice in this thread now. I'm not sure why being in a band that primarily gigs on weekends is worth taking a jab at?

What the hell is with all of this jabbing?

A thread about a setlist got turned into SHITE from zero. This is a pattern that is becoming way too visible and familiar, and I wish it would stop. I'm sure I'm not alone and these hate-filled posts are not engaging in anyway.

Some threads get responses and some don't. Simply because someone doesn't respond to a topic about a setlist, doesn't mean that it wasn't read or enjoyed in anyway.

Let's call a spade a spade. I wouldn't imagine you would like that remark Bouche but then again you have a somewhat naive and idealistic view of this so-called scene but then again don't ask me ask your brother. If I bothered to learn an instrument, which I am, I would likely take offense to having my output shredded without forethought too.

I don't see you rebuking Hux for making derogatory or slanderous remarks though Bouche the way I would anticipate being handled myself. Could it be that your close personal connection is clouding your judgment here or is it another example of the double standard that says you can slam Kung/Zero/Luke and use his first name in a thread while the same does not apply to everyone else. You really should strive for some uniformity in these policies.

I was using the lack of responses in that particular thread as a springboard for a broader discussion about how much goes uncommented on in our actual music community besides a surprising volume of useless posts. For instance JSB and GTB played brilliant shows this weekend, has there been a single thread remarking on any aspect of any performance beyond the merely perfunctory? I am seriously asking. Where is the feedback for the artists and where are the people reflecting on the quality of the shows. Am I at the wrong website? This is jambands.ca isn't it and GTB, JSB and Caution Jam are three of the bigger JAMBANDS in Canada aren't they? I can appreciate how my bile, anger, spleen what have you gets in the way of a fuller dialogue but when a car's battery dies usually you have to surge it with electricity from another source. It's called a jump start. Anybody got a defribulator?

It sucks that EVERYTHING that goes on can't be experienced by everyone and talked about here daily. I guess there isn't enough time.

It's clear that there are alot of Slip newbies, with me beign one who can only name a few tunes and have alot to learn about them.

I'm sure you'll see LOTS of discussion on the Slip in the next few days as more people get their chance to see them, especially in the intimate environments of this run.

Concerning Hux, I don't even think I got to his post before I saw and responded to this genuinely innocent thread turned to pure name-calling and utter crap.

You know we don't have to all get along all the time. It's as if this scene has taken the overly polite (insanely polite) Canadian stance and added a fair shake of aquarianism resulting in an overly egalitarian, overly politically correct stew of minced words. Then god created Ween.