Jambands.ca

Do Not Call registration list

Velvet

Velvet: I was just about to register for this, when it occurred to me that this could be another one of those scams, such as replying to SPAM email by clicking on the icon asking that they remove you from the list, when all that actually does is confirm that you are out there and reading your email. You then receive tonnes more SPAM, as a result.

Are you sure that your link is legitimate? To my knowledge, there is only such a list in the US, not in Canada.

Have you ever checked who the "Canadian Marketing Board" actually is?

(Ya, ya ... I know...StoneMtn's just too anal...)

Cornerstone is legit. They are a list broker for many NGOs including the one I work for. We have our own list of people to solicit but to boost the likelihood of getting donations we often trade names with other organizations to :"freshen up" the list we have. If you regster as a DNC your name will not be traded. As of January 1st 2004 there are new rules regarding privacy that charities must adhere to. We even have our own privacy commissioner to deal with such things.

Other organizations are not as respectful I'm afraid.

know how mch time does it take to telll someone your not interserted?

really these companys in canada provide 10,000 of jobs for slackers from east to west. by taking 5 seconds out of your day you are providing someone with a job that pays $8-15 per hour.

I'm not a telemakers right now but it's and easy fall back for most people!

I bet there's at lest a %25-35 telemakers on this site!

Y'know, I wouldn't mind so much if it did only take 2 seconds to say no, but they are trained to not take no for an answer, forcing me to be rude.

I don't want to be rude, and have never ever bought anything from a phone solicitor, so it's best if they don't call me. By your reasoning I'd be screwing over the employer if I had them call. People that run telemarketing businesses aren't interested in hosting a make work project.

I think it's nice that people can get their names on a do not call list, because it will make a telemarketers job a lot easier. Not having to deal with angry people.

I must admit I started as a telemarketer in February (dreading taking the job), but in order to make ends meet when I first moved - it did the trick. Now I'm the Office Supervisor for the same company. We only do phone solicitations periodically. I do feel bad managing the campaigne, but all you have to say is "sorry not interested, please take me off your list", then hang up.

I don't agree with a Do Not Call registry ... as has been said, there's a lot of people who rely on TRYING to sell you something to make a living ... I did it for a while, and as much as I hated it, and myself for doing it, I made some nice coin.

When it comes to sh!t like selling circus tickets, some people are actually surprised to know that you don't have "send poor kids" - but you can take yourself and your family. Must phone donations are a rip off, but buying the actual product - not necessarily.

You may have to be a little rude, and a little forceful when saying "no" - but 10 seconds or even 60 seconds out of your day is providing a skid bag with a job.

I have some family here in Kingston that are out of jobs because Beautyrock, that sells Columbia House memberships by phone to the US and Canada, is closing because of the registry

I don't buy stuff over the phone, so it's not in anyone's interest to try. I registered for the "Do No Contact" list several months ago through the Canadian Marketing Association web site (and I know they're legit, although it's a long story as to how I know). Anyone that calls me to sell me something is either not respecting the list or scamming.

The CMA "Do Not Contact" list has been around for several years. It covers mail and fax as well as phone contacts.

http://www.cmaconsumersense.org/marketing_lists.cfm