Jambands.ca

gotta love Nelson

bONES

Yep. Timouse knows what he's talkin' 'bout.

All kidding aside (apart from its annoying by-law that prohibits walking a dog anywhere downtown) Nelson is one great, freaky, artsy little town.

Always a pleasure to visit.

no dog walking downtown? what do you do if you live downtown with a dog? call a cab?

mind you, i'd be willing to overlook that in light of the overriding cool-ness of the area in general. hafta ask the Chairmouse about that one...he lives in Slocan, visits Nelson often, and has a puppy in need of a lot of walking :)

"No Dogs, No hacky sack, No Skateboarding and No drums on the main strip." That is definately the only downfall of Nelson (and prehaps the mass amount of people that seem to be against showering) and they definately enforce the dog by-law- used to be a $50 fine but that was about 4 years ago- i'm sure they get ya even more now a days!

I'm torn btwn Kimok in Nelson and Spearhead in Cumberland next weekend- there can be months of no music then it all comes at once- anyone going to Shambalah? I am leaning towards the coast this weekend- I saw Kimok with the Everyone Orchestra two weeks ago at 10K Lakes Fest and they rawked my socks off but I haven't seen Spearhead since last summer and its always a pleasure to visit the island... we will see!

alright nevermind-aperantly the Spearhead is September not August... I'll definately be in Nelson this weekend then- anyone else?

Quote from KevO- "I used to live in Golden too, and I must agree that Kicking Horse is the best!!! Awesome terrain and tons of snow. I used to work at the Dogtooth Cafe when it was open. (I was their first ever male employee!) The Kootenays are the best." Thats weird I also worked at the Dogtooth- are you talking when John and his lady owned it or the origenal Dogtooth? I actually still kinda work there- I rawk PT at the hill and I do all of the bakeing for what is now The River House Cafe- Caroline and Scott Greene (they also own the Cedar House) bought it in December last year when the Dogtooth Wassabi went out of business and are slowly going under themselves! It blows my mind that noone can make a business work there- its like the building is cursed or something. I wonder if we ever worked together- My name is Adrienne and I had shoulder length blond dreads when I worked there... small world ain't it!

L8R Days,

Drie

Edited by Guest

hafta ask the Chairmouse about that one...he lives in Slocan, visits Nelson often, and has a puppy in need of a lot of walking

ahhhh, Slocan! now that is one town that is changing for the better. Getting away from it's depressed logger town status and becoming this funky little village.

and ya, it's just Baker St. that you can't hang out with your dog.