Jambands.ca

gotta love Nelson

bONES

• 9 months later...

Does anyone know if a guy named Nick Rushton has anything to do with the booking of bands at "The Fluid"? He's an old friend of mine who got me to open my ears to other bands besides Phish and the Dead. I had heard rumours he was affiliated with "The Fluid" some how, and judging by the bands they get it diffenetly seems like his style. Man I'd would love to hear from him, its been years.

Rossland is nice LITTLE town- not much of a scene there as fas as music goes- Red Mtn is a great mtn to ride though and its relatively cheap to live there.

Ever consider Golden? I moved here a few years ago cuz of the hill and its far superior to any of the mountains I have riden in the kootenays- rough and ridged and just crazy- Golden is a great town to live in as well- its just taking off so not to expensive yet and LOTS of work- I have been changing jobs on a bi-monthly basis cuz it just gets better and better- I now work at the hill (Kicking Horse) food and beverage as well ironically enuf and I get $12 to start, free pass and free bike rentals for the summer- its a great deal and a chillax place to work- just an idea!

Let us know how ya like Rossland if you end up making the mover!

Oh and Fluid is a freakin great place to see shows!

"I think its some guy named Earl. "

If you're talking about the Earl that I know, he puts on shows for example Garaj Mahal recentely, Steve Kimock comming up, some others in the past, and Slammin Jack comming up at Ymir Hall, but he doesn't book for a bar exclusively. More of a promoter.

Not too sure who's booking for Fluid or who the other guy is.

Slammin Jack comming up at Ymir Hall

awesome! man oh man I love the Kootenays

Ymir Hall for chripes sake...wahoo!

you should all get some disc golf in before the show

Ymir has a great course.

Slammin Jack should play Winlaw Hall if they haven't already

I spent this past Winter in Rossland. It was a bunk season snow-wise and there aint much else to do in that town!! It was a very low-key Winter. I probably won't return to ROssland to live again, although Red is a great place to work. Its one of the few unionized ski hills in Canada, so the wages are good and there are a few other perks. I signed a leave of absense form so I can actually go back to my job there, no questions asked, next season or the season after. I used to live in Golden too, and I must agree that Kicking Horse is the best!!! Awesome terrain and tons of snow. I used to work at the Dogtooth Cafe when it was open. (I was their first ever male employee!) The Kootenays are the best.

The Ymir show is actually a Ymir Whirl disc golf tourney after party. Last year we (slammin jack) actually happened to play two nights in Nelson on the weekend of the Ymir Whirl. Me and a few buddies went to it on the Saturday morning. A couple of my buddies thought it would be a good idea to take a copious amount of vitamine L for the tournament and had such an experience that there has since been a new song written in memory of that day. I on the other hand didn't and spent a bit of time trying to settle down the boys, but mostly enjoyed the tournament, came third in the "open" category and won the bonous "closest to the hole" contest, which paid for my entrance fee and T-shirt. What an awsome course! We booked the show in Ymir just 'cause of the tourney, but since we play in Canmore the night before, I won't be able to participate. Maybe a Sunday morning round.

On another note, I haven't been skiing at Kicking Horse in a while, but as sick as it may be, I still hold Whitewater as my favourite.

peace!

Nelson's the coolest.

bio_nelson.gif

that's what i thought this thread was about, although both niffermouse and i totally appreciate Nelson BC as well, and hope one day to escape SoOn and relocate thereabouts...if you think that you can make a go of it anywhere in the Kootenays (other than the town full of Doukhobors) go for it. now :)