Jambands.ca

Anyone remember Special Ed and The Mus. Chall???

kc

Yep,I have a 6 song sampler disc with some DD on it.

Can't remeber when I saw em,probally at ctmf I'm thinking.Other then that all I recall is them cancelling a few shows,great band though...whats up there kc got somthing in the works?

I saw them at Cafe Dekcuf in Ottawa in October, 2002, with ferriswheeler opening up. They had an aggressive/alternative sound (inveighing listeners to, for example, turn their TV sets off), and I had fun. I'm not sure they ever made it back to Ottawa.

Aloha,

Brad

Agressive eh? That would be interesting to hear,the tracks I'm listening to right now have loads of horns,really jammy with some mellow funk beats to it and solid vocals.

01.Pawnshop Ghettoblaster

02.Five Mad Dogs

03.Caveman Wednesday

04.Pendulum

05.Couch Potato (live)

06.Pawnshop Ghettoblaster (live)

While I'm passing through I couldn't help but chime in. Special Ed and the Musically Challenged are actually one of the better jambands in Canada in my opinion. Slowcoaster and the Challenged have very evolved improvisational and songwriting chops and should occupy a more unique place then they do. I'm presuming you known KC that they are the remnants of Juke Joint and given their age have a huge amount of playing experience and skill.

I've seen Special Ed a couple of times ... a very solid band with an original approach and some excellent songs. I agree with bradm that they do have more of an alternative rock sound live, at least more so than the songs on that sampler disc would indicate. They do play some funky, jammy songs live, but it's not the bulk of their material, at least not that I remember.

And yes, Dave Patel is the drummer for the band. He used to drum for JukeJoint, and he is awesome!

I really like their cd entitled ARE YOU OK?

I haven't seen the band in a while though, it's been over a year I think.

Peace, Mark