Jambands.ca

Langerado Music Festival... who's driving?

Large Marge

Road trip to the Everglades, anyone?

March 12th, 2005

Langerado Music Festival

Markham Park

Sunrise, Florida

With Medeski Martin & Wood,

String Cheese Incident

Karl Denson’s Tiny Universe

Keller Williams

Soulive

De La Soul

The Duo

And many more!

Tickets go on sale December 10th

http://www.langerado.com/

http://www.cityofsunrise.org/2park_markham.html

• 1 month later...

I hate to sound like a broken record, but this lineup just isn't worth it to head all the way to Florida for... Some good acts there for sure, not complaining about the talent, but I just can't justify going to Florida to see a bunch of bands that will almost surely play close to, if not in Canada... I'm assuming this ties in with what is generally considered "March break", so I'm guessing that's the attraction? To those that go, have fun and catch some sun for me... But I just can't see myself doing it...

Killer line up? I wouldn't go that far... Medeski Martin & Wood, String Cheese Incident, Soulive and The Duo have all played in Canada in the last couple of years... Keller and KDTU are awesome, but they play in Buffalo and Michigan at least once a year... I know tastes vary, but the only bands I would go out of the way to see are MMW, The Duo and Keller... Maybe KDTU... De La Soul hit their peak with 3 Feet High & Rising, and that was, when, in '88?... If you find these bands worth all the money and trouble of going to Florida for, more power to you. I was just saying that for me, I couldn't justify it. I did the whole "see a show in Florida" thing with Phish and Big Cypress... I don't want that memory spoiled with a festival of a bunch of bands I only really am half interested in seeing, when that money could be spent on seeing a bunch of shows of my favorite bands a lot more close to home. As I said, enjoy, I'm sure a lot of people will have a great time at it. I won't be one of them though...

Yeah, a warm festival would be nice... I'm holding out for the summer though... High Sierra in California is still my goal, although with funds being what they are, I have my doubts... I'm praying The Slip does another festival this summer... I WILL NOT miss it this year, stag party or no stag party...

Del I hear what your saying. But for my taste that is a killer line up. Sure some of those bands make it up here from time to time. But I haven't seen any of them in a long while, especially not all together in one weekend, I'm a sucker for a good festival. Not to mention that given the choice over this or a Phish weekend I'd take the festival. More band for my buck. Don't get me wrong, I dig Phish but for me the choice between a whole weekend of one band, and a whole weekend with a bunch of bands I really dig, the choice is easy. I'm all about variety. Hell I've always said that if all things were considered equal and I had the choice of a phish show or a sci show, I'd choose sci, and in this case get a whole lot more.

bah it's a moot point really, but that's where I'm coming from.

Don't forget UMPHREYS!! They are playing langerado too... its not so much about 'who comes to toronto', more about it all being in the same place at once! If I had to choose btwn langerado and HSMF, I'd be out in cali in a second... but for $75, langerado is a deal imho. HSMF is amazing, but its also an expensive festival after all the latenights.

I'm actually curious to hear of the jazzfest lineups this year, I'd do that instead of hsmf or langerado!