Jambands.ca

1 bedroom apartment available in Ottawa

Hux

How are the acoustics? You know, what sounds better in it, Bobby songs or Jerry songs?

Jerry songs?? oh the slow ones inbetween Bobby-rockers, isn't that why the skip button was invented? ;)

Meggo, too bad you can't get out of your lease, for an extra $50 I'm sure you would like this place better (even though I actually haven't seen your current place haha)

Meggo was exactly who I was targeting with my response up top.

I thought she was only paying $550 though.

Meggo, get on the Sublet train! Sharon did that a couple of years ago to get out of the last 6 months of her lease. You can totally sublet for the end of your term.

Yep I was hesitant to sublet at first for fear of renting to a looser and getting stuck with the rent, but I interviewed like crazy and was selective about who I chose. I missed a few great weekends of shows with viewings, and it was hard work, but at the end of it Bouche moved to Ottawa and we shared a kitchen. Worth the effort I'd say. If you need answers to any questions, let me know, it's a pretty nice place and the location kicks ass.

I believe Huxy had a parking spot. THere was always parking on the street for my car, and I left it there many an evening.

At least check it out. I guarantee you'll want to do what you can to get it. I'm sure you're happy and fine where you are, but really, this place is pretty amazing for only 50 bucks more/month.

I really like that appartment.

One cool feature is the kitchen looks into the living room, so you can cook and entertain at the same time. Plus a couple of bar stools would work nicely at the kitchen window/bar area. Hardwood floors. Smallest elevator in the world!

Nice and close to Rideau.

UPDATE - parking is included in that price, nice spot right out front.

I have to call the landlord before the end of the month to give him notice (technically I still have this apt. and am subletting it, so I would have to double check about the rent price, but with the market out there, I would imagine it won't go up)