Jambands.ca

Plaskett & JMATS setlists from last night

bONES

so James and Chachi took opposite sides of the stage than they normally do when The Spades came on just after 10:30 last night.

They gave us a nice long set with a couple of real treats thrown in there (ie:) Apple of My Eye and You Are Fuel. The Toronto crowd can be quite lame on the dancefloor! Although there were lots of people up front and apparently diggin' the tunes, there weren't many of us given'r.

JMATS setlist:

Mafia

Apple

Zombies

Causeway

Pirate radio

Joints & Cigs

Restless Soul (very SWEET indeed!)

Bust Off >

49 Tons

Powerlines

Gorilla

You Are Fuel

Burn Things

encore: none

Thanks for another great performance guys.

Plaskett was even better than last Saturday night.

This set is not complete and i'm not familiar with all the song titles either, but here goes my attempt!

Red Light

Work Out Fine

Lights Down Low

Mystery & Crime

Day You Walked Away

(at this time Joel dedicates the next tune to some wicked Hungarian Restaurant in London, ON)

Waiting To Be Discovered

Love Is Like That

Please Don't Return

?? (Thrush Hermit tune)

Reason I Love This Town

("Me & The Boys" ramble...makes some comment that the first person to email him with the name of some movie with that song line he had stuck in his head would get a free cd

Clueless Wonder

Down At THe Khyber

Come On, Teacher (w/ mouth marraca as Joel forget the real thing)

(Led Zepplin rant...Joel lists all the LZ albums starting with 1 and goes up in order)

Take A Bullet

Dawns Early Light

(this is where i lose track of the rest of the set..i know these tunes were in there though)

Til you Came Around

True Patriot Love

Extraordinary

On My Soul (?)

Maybe We Should Just Go Home

Smokin' end of tour show!

SOLD OUT and so fun

the pot-luck dinner was out of control!

We had soooooo much awesomely heady and delicious food to go around!!

i have dinner now for the rest of the week with all the leftovers.

Thanks everyone who partied with me last night...i had a really great night.

cheers

cowboy

What a fantastic show last night.. Joel Plaskett definitely won me over last night... i thought he was good last week, this week he rocked the house!

The Spades put on a rcokin show too seeing them for my second time i willalso see them again...

Thanks to Cowboy for the hook up... and hosting the good times...Incredible food and good people... BoogieKnight, thanks for the kind ride home... and Quest Que Cest... sh!tty u guys couldnt get in but good seeing ya

Of course it was great seeing moosey(wicked brownies), Amber, Blane and Nathan as well...

it came up a couple of times on the trip, so here's the track listing for the double cd release of truthfully truthfully...

on the black disc we got:

radio fly

you came along

lights down low

the day you walked away

all the pretty faces

heart to heart with lionel

cold blue light

a job worth doing

and on the red disc there's:

written all over me

work out fine

mystery and crime

extraordinary

come on, teacher

the red light

rock on.

(at this time Joel dedicates the next tune to some wicked Hungarian Restaurant in London, ON)

plaskett knows whats up!

they did oh my soul, eh? awesome!! wonder what the other hermit tune was.. glad it was such a great time... i went to the show in london, but it was sold out when i got there... so, i walked a good 25 minutes or so to call the office to try to catch metric, then i realized why plaskett was sold out: metric was re-scheduled!!! i didnt think there was anyway london could sell out both those acts in one night, but i was optimistic.. oh well.. metric goes tonite, but i think the sign on the door already says sold out.. i should check it out though... anyhoo... happy tuesday, ya'll.

He did three Hermit tunes in all that night, Before You Leave in the acoustic set, Oh My Soul and From the Back of the Film. Those are all awesome tunes, but I turned to the guy next to me who was obviously a huge fan, and we both agreed that if he is going to pull out old Hermit tunes, we'd rather hear the less popular ones. We Are Being Reduced was one of the first tunes that made me LOVE the Clayton Park album; it's absolutely ripe with Neil Young influence, in the style of his sort-of ragged, loose slower tunes like Cowgirl in the Sand, Down by the River or Words (Between the Lines of Age).

Show was awesome though, both bands were stellar. Lovin those Spades more each time I see them...

i hear ya, rev... i'd love to hear a violent dreams or a day we hit the coast busted out... truthfully truthfully, though, i'd be glad to hear anything off clayton park again.

a desert island pick for me, i think.

edit: we are being reduced was one of my favourites off clayton park, as well.. same with before you leave, actually.

it's absolutely ripe with Neil Young influence, in the style of his sort-of ragged, loose slower tunes like ... Words (Between the Lines of Age).

Speaking of which, Rev, I don't know if you already know this but The Spades do a killer version of Words.

Sounds like a good time had by all in TO! Wish I could've been there. Did Tumbleweed and the boys make an appearance at the pot luck?

Yes sir, I saw them do it the first show I caught, at the Horseshoe in December, I do believe. Smokin. Those guys are just a serious, down home rock and roll band, it's nice to see. Can't wait to see them come to the Pepper Jack...with two sets that night I'm sure we'll heard Words or perhaps some other tasty covers.

...with two sets that night I'm sure we'll heard Words or perhaps some other tasty covers.

No doubt, Rev. altho they only do a few covers per show, over time i've heard them do Louis Jordan/Ry Cooder/Fred Eaglesmith/Johnny Cash/Willie Nelson/Neil Young/Lou Reed/Elvis Presley as well as Cake and Wilco. so you never know.