Jambands.ca

BNB 2005-01-29 available for download

bradm

whoa!!!!!!

disc 1, track 8... listed as Distraction, but i think at the end mike says it was called Happy, either way, holy fu©king sh!t!!! what a great song!! 3 and a half minutes of some of the most explosive burt's i've ever heard, a very 'stage fright-ish' kinda tune, and jeff with some killer, KILLER, fu©king vocals!!! i mean, belting it out!!! YES!!! those are the vocals i've been needing to hear! 1st time played? you gotta be kidding me!

I said the following to Guigs that night, and I am going to say it again without having heard* the tapes.

Its going to be tough, yet brilliant, for a band to melt my face as much as the Burts did on this night.

*previously skimmed for sound quality. I have Standing There as an Mp3 from an inadvertant click but that is all I have listened to. What a perfect song after that mind-blowing Chevron. I made man-love to Burt as they performed it.

Anyways, here are some notes I wrote when I got home that night:

Those Burts need to relocate to Ottawa. There is no longer a void in my mind, and I need to see more of them. The versatility these guys offer is easily worth the price of admission to any show they do. I would gladly pay whatever they are asking. 8$ seemed like a steal in the end. I ripped off Burt!

In The Belly laid done my thoughts. I just wanna hang out with that band because this song so perfectly describes anyone that has ever toured as a band or with one, yet it is pure Canadiana touring by a band that has done more than most people we deal with could ever dream of. Stop 28 contained a jam that should make anyone a believer, and did for many of the Ottawa crew that didnt know their Burt. Too often they help me transport to someplace else aside from Mavericks. Jeremy was so strong during this version, slapping his bass like it was Jenna Jamieson's ass. It wasnt funk, it was fu©k. As soon as I hooked into him, I immediately realized how galvanized Gavin is. This man is a machine. Drummers arent normally built this strong.

It was called 'Happy' that night.... and then I changed the name to 'Distraction' the next day. I'd just wrote that song the night before the show too, so I was glad we got the chance to play it.

With my slow computer and dial-up connection, I was wondering if anyone would be able to make an mp3 out of it that I can download? It'd be good to hear it.

jeff